Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
They're both great mice. As OCD as I am about sensors and constantly give flak to manufacturers who still use laser mice for modern offerings, in actual use it's not that big of a deal and I'd gladly adapt to the sensor quirks just for the shape alone.

However, if you use low sens the G9's low tracking speed might be an issue. G9x on the other hand is pretty good. One of the reason why 9500 was widely used back in the day was due to them being one of the only sensors with a very high tracking speed. So people were more than willing to sacrifice a little bit of resolution consistency for the raw speed in low sens settings.

·
Mehehe!
2,779 Posts
For low sens, yep, the G9x has a much higher malfunction speed.

The old Laser sensor on the G5 and G9, lol, I could make that thing skip for days, the malfunction speed was that bad.

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
The graph demonstrates the max tracking speed of the mouse.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have a G9 and a G9x too.

They feel about the same, but I like the G9x more. The sensor feels a lot more smooth and raw when moving the mouse slowly.

typo.

·
AAGGHH~ MY EYES~ AAGGHH~
3,578 Posts
On a G-Pad, aka a glass pad. Results will vary depending on the surface. For example, the Ikari laser's sub 2 m/s speed is twice as bad on a cloth surface.

Here's some bonus stuff from sousu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uaokkkkkkkk View Post

Software: Microsoft Office

·
Registered
184 Posts
Where did you get a g9x? Is it new?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I adore the G9x, with precision grip it's my favorite shape. Actually gutted/dremeled one of my two in hopes of frankenmousing a modern sensor into it, but the inside of the mouse is so ridiculously low/cramped I wasn't able to do so. Some day I'll get around to trying to thin out the inside of the front (the lowest/smallest area and biggest issue) and removing even more of the innards, which would probably force me to permanently attach the outer shell afterward.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_ak57 View Post

I adore the G9x, with precision grip it's my favorite shape. Actually gutted/dremeled one of my two in hopes of frankenmousing a modern sensor into it, but the inside of the mouse is so ridiculously low/cramped I wasn't able to do so. Some day I'll get around to trying to thin out the inside of the front (the lowest/smallest area and biggest issue) and removing even more of the innards, which would probably force me to permanently attach the outer shell afterward.
There's no way someone can fit anyother pcb in the G9x.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts