Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took 2 weeks, but I finally managed to get my order through to Lenovo...

Quote:

Originally Posted by October 24

Dear Lenovo Customer,

The bank has declined the credit card on your purchase.

Please contact your bank for further details. Please reply directly to this email, with an update on how you wish to proceed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by October 25

Your issuing bank has declined your credit card for order number

Quote:

Originally Posted by October 31

Thank you for contacting Lenovo, the makers of ThinkPad and ThinkCentre
products.

Unfortunately your card was declined again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nov 4

Your issuing bank has declined your credit card for order number

Quote:

Originally Posted by November 6

Thank you for choosing Lenovo!

All or part of your order has shipped. In some instances your order may be shipped from more than one location, which will result in multiple notifications. You will only be invoiced for products that have shipped.

I ended up losing the 19% off deal, and had to go with the 10% off. It cost me a media card slot, wireless N, single 2GB dimm, and a 9 cell battery but I'm still happy I guess. Its not really Lenovo's fault, its more because of my stupid credit card company that doesn't know how to authorize me for large purchases...

Lenovo T400

Core 2 Duo P8600
2x1GB DDR3 1066
Radeon HD 3470
80GB HDD
14.1" WXGA+ screen
6 cell battery

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Lenovo is god awful. I've dealt with them before and it took forever to get a new monitor when my dad's old one had a racing stripe.

"*me punching in lenovo's number"
"Now connecting your call to Atlanta, Georgia"
yeah right...sure
Strong Indian Accent "Ello, dis is Abdul in Atlanta, what can I do fo you today"
"My Lenovo monitor has a racing stripe where the monitor has warped. I've tried unplugging, I've tried different cables, I've tried different computers and the stripe is still there. When I apply pressure directly to the stripe it vanishes. When I bend the monitor slightly in both hands it goes away. The monitor has warped from a factory defect and needs to be returned."
"Have you tried a different cable? The cable could be bad."

Their tech support is ******ed, their computers are crap and I still can't believe IBM sold out to them....

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Magix
View Post

Lenovo is god awful. I've dealt with them before and it took forever to get a new monitor when my dad's old one had a racing stripe.

"*me punching in lenovo's number"
"Now connecting your call to Atlanta, Georgia"
yeah right...sure
Strong Indian Accent "Ello, dis is Abdul in Atlanta, what can I do fo you today"
"My Lenovo monitor has a racing stripe where the monitor has warped. I've tried unplugging, I've tried different cables, I've tried different computers and the stripe is still there. When I apply pressure directly to the stripe it vanishes. When I bend the monitor slightly in both hands it goes away. The monitor has warped from a factory defect and needs to be returned."
"Have you tried a different cable? The cable could be bad."

Their tech support is ******ed, their computers are crap and I still can't believe IBM sold out to them....

At least you were able to connect. I hung up after 30 minutes on hold. A man can only listen to so much classical music before he snaps...

And don't diss their computers. I wouldn't trust their monitors, but they are up there with Apple in terms of laptop build quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts