Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing Paracord (ceesa)

Fairly straightforward process, simply remove the two back feet, unscrew, and pull the top half of the mouse backwards. Requires some force.

For the cable, I prefer to pull the paracord up beyond the PCB, heatshrink, and cut the smaller white heatshrink to size. Fits well and doesn't put excess pressure on the top of the shell (if you cut the white heatshrink properly).

Tuning Left and Right Click

For many mice, having slight rattle in the left/right mouse clicks is pretty standard. If you shake the Ultralight up and down and hear some rattling it's likely one of the clicks. For my mouse, my left click was a bit too "high" and had some wiggle room and rattling.

To fix this issue, simply place thin tape on these two points and trial and error until solid. I used aluminum foil tape, but any thin tape will work.

Mouse Feet

MS3 or G Pro Hyperglides are the standard for this mouse, I have the G Pro Hyperglides installed and they work wonderfully.

Thanks for reading, and feel free to ask me if you have any questions! Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem glad I could help! Also, the ultralight is locked at 500hz- if you want to change to 1000hz (very important for 240hz monitors) you can download the DM1 Pro S Driver here: https://dreammachines.io/en/drivers

This driver will also allow you to reprogram the mouse buttons and assign different DPI levels.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I indeed have a 240 hz monitor. But i once tried it and messed up with my dpi. Hardly got it back as it was before. What can i do to prevent this from happening again?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The DM1 software has a DPI slider and it's pretty accurate, I don't use dpi switching so I made all 4 levels the same value.

If your sens is funky it might be because you checked enhance precision or if you touched acceleration- the default value is 5!

·
Registered
4 Posts
By the way,if you re-open the mouse anytime soon can you show some pics of exactly how you do it? I just ordered my first paracord mouse cable and i really dont want to break anything. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I probably won't be taking it apart anytime soon, but it's pretty simple don't worry! The only real hard part is putting back mouse feet you peeled off, I just use replacements though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually heatshrunk the whole piece, then cut it off with a razorblade and slid it down to the jst connectors. Any way should work fine though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey mate, I expect my paracord tomorrow. Couple questions if you’d be so kind. One is : my clicks seem perfect, you mentioned light clicks, are you talking about the way they can sometimes be, or, modding the cord, can often cause it?

Second, I see you stripped some of the sleeve off, did you just measure, strip, plug in, then do the shrinking and holder ring cutting etc? I’m worried I’m gonna **** my new pride and joy up.

·
WC & OC Enthusiast
314 Posts
No problem glad I could help! Also, the ultralight is locked at 500hz- if you want to change to 1000hz (very important for 240hz monitors) you can download the DM1 Pro S Driver here: https://dreammachines.io/en/drivers

This driver will also allow you to reprogram the mouse buttons and assign different DPI levels.
Hello Raxa,

I have been using finamouse mices for a while now (ergo, scream one, ergo v2) and I noticed a weird feeling when I got from the scream one to the ergo V2... like if it wasn't tracking properly.
I happen to have a PG258Q 240Hz monitor, so i really would like to know why 1000Hz is important for 240Hz monitors. Thank you very much for your help!

PS : Also I have my sunset incoming from the US and am eager to put this guide to use =)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts