Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, right now I have the Senn 280Pro. They are really good and I got them on sale
... Anyway, my dad took these from me.. so, I'm looking for a pair of headphones now. What do you recommend? I'm planning on mainly music, but want ones for good all around use.

I am also looking into some in-ear headphones, what do you recommend?
(so, i'm looking to buy a pair of headphones and in-ear)

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Senn HD555 is a great all around use set, or the Audio Technica ATH-A700 set.

Just get a Zalman add on mic they're like $6.

pink

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
buy some HD201s and swap them with the ones your dad stole from you!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
With those price range you can get plenty of headphones. What sound are you mainly looking for? Laid Back? Forward?

Denon D5000 (Closed) - First Choice easily found for $400 shipped, quality bass, excellent treble extension, and it's woodied =)
Grado SR325i (Open) - Grado sound
Audio Technica ESW 9 (Closed) - Portable and it's woodied
Alessandro Music Series Pro (Open) - Grado Signature Sound with a more laid back feel

Check out head-fi.org they have plenty of info on headphones. Do some research and find a sound that you are looking for and the cans that fit that description. I'm picking up a set of Grado PS1000 for my birthday so I can't wait; gonna be my first true high-end set of cans ($1600). =)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the suggestions.. I'm still deciding. And $1600 for headphones... wow >.<
I could buy another system with that.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
For around $500 your best bet is probably getting a decent pair of headphones with a headphone amplifier.

Depending on what you listen to the Denon D5000, AKG K701(or K702), Grado SR325i are all very good choices. Personally, I felt the padding on the Gradios are inadequate for more than 1-2 hours of use per session, but they do sound pretty good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts