Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'sup!

I've jumped head first into watercooling and I've fell in love. I can't stop, so in the past few days I've spent about 800$ on some new gear. I'll be upgrading to:

QuadFire 5970's. Already Purchased one and water cooled, other one rocked up on my doorstep today, waiting for some more WC'ing stuff.

RAM block for the bling bling
biggrin.gif


New Motherboard, Watercooled (Mosfets and NB/SB) E760 Classified.

I'll probably sleeve too.

It'll be a slight upgrade, but I figured some of you guys might want to follow it.

thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,285 Posts
Blistering Barnacles! I want whatever job you do when I'm done with college. That's ALOT of money going into the system (overall).

That said, she looks pretty sweet! I'll def be following this thread!
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklimitless;12914596
Blistering Barnacles! I want whatever job you do when I'm done with college. That's ALOT of money going into the system (overall).

That said, she looks pretty sweet! I'll def be following this thread!
biggrin.gif
Yeah, I'm 17. No Job. I'm eating away into my savings since I'm going into the Army next year. Trying to have some fun in between training like crazy
thumb.gif


Although, I am pestering my friend to get me a job, I'm crazy persuasive and I can sell anything to anyone face to face. 16$/hr + 2.5x on Sunday. He's in retail and his dad owns the whole string of the shops in Western Australia. Lookin' to pay off my build before I go off to the Army.

Wow, I sort of accidentally embedded you with a little bit of my life, sorry :3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st.;12914645
Yeah, I'm 17. No Job. I'm eating away into my savings since I'm going into the Army next year. Trying to have some fun in between training like crazy
thumb.gif


Although, I am pestering my friend to get me a job, I'm crazy persuasive and I can sell anything to anyone face to face. 16$/hr + 2.5x on Sunday. He's in retail and his dad owns the whole string of the shops in Western Australia. Lookin' to pay off my build before I go off to the Army.

Wow, I sort of accidentally embedded you with a little bit of my life, sorry :3
Ooohh, Army? Dude, u're gonna miss your rig so bad when gone
frown.gif

17? Now I didn't expect that. I'm almost tempted to start building a desktop now but I'm patiently waiting for post-college life when I actually have a permanent place to live (Since I'm an international student in the US).

Despite my love for money, if u're going away ... heck; build and mod the daylights outta your rig and give it a good spin before you part for a time!!

Keep bugging your pal and get the job! You gotta pay off the debt on this beast sometime haha.
Best wishes mate!

(PS: How long in the army? Actually, I'll just PM you when I'm back from class )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklimitless;12914704
Ooohh, Army? Dude, u're gonna miss your rig so bad when gone
frown.gif

17? Now I didn't expect that. I'm almost tempted to start building a desktop now but I'm patiently waiting for post-college life when I actually have a permanent place to live (Since I'm an international student in the US).

Despite my love for money, if u're going away ... heck; build and mod the daylights outta your rig and give it a good spin before you part for a time!!

Keep bugging your pal and get the job! You gotta pay off the debt on this beast sometime haha.
Best wishes mate!

(PS: How long in the army? Actually, I'll just PM you when I'm back from class )
Yeah sure, PM'd be good, I'm gettin' a bit bored
tongue.gif


I've still got about 2.5K left after this and paying off my car. I should get the job. I know his father and he knows how persuasive I can be, plus he complains about the computer people there being idiots. Hopefully I get it
smile.gif


Yeah, save your money until you're down pat, that's what I'd do. I'm putting what ever I can make back into before I leave into a high interest account where I can't touch it for a 5 year or something like that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark;12914772
How's the rad setup gonna be? quite interesting how your gonna cool such hot components in a crowded case.

[Off-Topic]
Goodluck in the army, the 3 years I've spent there we're priceless and it definitely shapes your personality for the future.
I'm planning on adding another RX240 down the bottom sometime later. Probably in July when I get some birthday money.
smile.gif


(Thanks for the luck, I'll probably be in for 3 years. That's what I'm planning.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark;12915198
Your gonna have a Quadfire setup and an i7 920 on a single RX360? ouch. :/
Yeah, I'm on the edge of it as it is.

Like I said, more rad soon.

I've spent too much this week and I can't bring myself to spend anymore until I make some back
tongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright, so, I'm going to order my sleeving.

Thing is, I don't know how much of which I should get.

Opinions needed!

Option 1, Random 24, Random PCI-e 6+8's, Random CPU 8 (respective)

R-R-B-R-B-B-B-R-B-R-B-B
B-B-R-B-R-R-R-B-R-B-R-R

R-B-B + R-B-B-B
B-R-B + B-R-R-B

R-B-B-B
B-R-R-B

Option 2, All Black, All red PCI-e 6+8's, Solid black/red CPU 8 (respective)

B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B
B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B

R-R-R + R-R-R-R
R-R-R + R-R-R-R

R-R-R-R / B-B-B-B
R-R-R-R / B-B-B-B

Option 3, Essentially the same as Option 2, just in reverse.

R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R
R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R

B-B-B + B-B-B-B
B-B-B + B-B-B-B

B-B-B-B / R-R-R-R
B-B-B-B / R-R-R-R

Or, leave your own!

Thanks for any responses/ideas
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklimitless;12914704
Ooohh, Army? Dude, u're gonna miss your rig so bad when gone
frown.gif

17? Now I didn't expect that. I'm almost tempted to start building a desktop now but I'm patiently waiting for post-college life when I actually have a permanent place to live (Since I'm an international student in the US).

Despite my love for money, if u're going away ... heck; build and mod the daylights outta your rig and give it a good spin before you part for a time!!

Keep bugging your pal and get the job! You gotta pay off the debt on this beast sometime haha.
Best wishes mate!

(PS: How long in the army? Actually, I'll just PM you when I'm back from class )
IM a sergeant in the Army now and I use my rig all the time.... Why is he going to miss it? LOL it's not like you just fall off the grid and are excluded from civilization when your in the Army.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fg2chase;12979660
IM a sergeant in the Army now and I use my rig all the time.... Why is he going to miss it? LOL it's not like you just fall off the grid and are excluded from civilization when your in the Army.
Yeah, how does that work exactly?

Have it @ base camp?
tongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st.;12979688
Yeah, how does that work exactly?

Have it @ base camp?
tongue.gif
No, you would just have it in your barracks room which nowadays you have you very own room and just share a restroom and kitchen.

If you are married you just live in housing or off post.

when you are deployed you just take a laptop with you.

It's really not like you think, lol it's not like we just live in tents on the side of a mountain all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by fg2chase;12979797
No, you would just have it in your barracks room which nowadays you have you very own room and just share a restroom and kitchen.

If you are married you just live in housing or off post.

when you are deployed you just take a laptop with you.

It's really not like you think, lol it's not like we just live in tents on the side of a mountain all the time.
Well, barracks is what I thought, wasn't sure though.

I'm quite looking forward to the army so far, hope it's as good as I think it is.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fg2chase;12979797
No, you would just have it in your barracks room which nowadays you have you very own room and just share a restroom and kitchen.
How bad is the internet there though
frown.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [nK]Sharp;12979911
How bad is the internet there though
frown.gif
When I lived in the barracks I just bought cable internet from local providers.. the only thing you can't get is sattelite because first sergeants and commanders don't want antennas on the side of their buildings.

So you get whatever is availiable to civilians, I know on some installations they have Wifi in the barracks that is either free or very cheap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So, the place where I ordered my 5970 block doens't actually have any, although they gave me a refund and sent my tubing, fittings and RAM block anyway.

Motherboard should be here this week too hopefully. I'll probably sell my old motherboard and the block I have now and get two EK blocks, or just two matching blocks.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top