Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks

I will soon be putting a call into Verizon to order FIOS. I don't want to hear their BS sales pitch so I figured I would do my research before hand and get some answers.

Can anyone help me decide how much difference there is in real life use between 15/5 and 25/25?

There are 3 internet users in my household - 2 of which only browse the web and play Facebook games and myself, who plays MMOs which place an importance on latency.

For those uses, what are the differences between 15/5 and 25/25?

If anyone can offer any insight please help me out. If you need more info let me know

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
You can only download so much, servers have a cap so that wont matter as much. Main reason people get fiber is for the upload, if the rest of the world was on fiber then you would be downloading huge ammounts of data, but in the usa we are usually capped at around 3 megs.

Get it if you're a big uploader, otherwise you wont see much of a difference between fiber and cable speeds

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrThc View Post
You can only download so much, servers have a cap so that wont matter as much. Main reason people get fiber is for the upload, if the rest of the world was on fiber then you would be downloading huge ammounts of data, but in the usa we are usually capped at around 3 megs.

Get it if you're a big uploader, otherwise you wont see much of a difference between fiber and cable speeds
I am leaving cable because the are highly unreliable in NYC (overloaded backbones etc) and I hate TWC after they screwed me over numerous times and hung up on me numerous times

That being said, just trying to figure out if I'll see any practical differences with getting 25/25 over 15/5.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts