1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Initializing...
23,787 Posts
Updated thanks!

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Those stability fixes better be in typical use.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [CyGnus]
View Post

So what is the best? Firefox or Chrome?

Depends on who you ask. I've been loyal to Firefox since 1.0, but I don't mind using Chrome or Opera if I have a problem with Firefox.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by makecoldplayhistory
View Post

Chrome. Fact

The main reason I use FF over Chrome is because FF stops ads from loading. Chrome loads the ad, then hides it. Chrome is faster than FF overall, but not by much, especially after you've tweaked FF. FF loads certain websites faster than Chrome, probably because the website prefers the way FF renders the website over Chrome. The most attractive aspect of Chrome is the extremely streamlined layout.

Back to topic. Update your FF.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
lol I'm gonna stay on 3.0.4 until I get confirmations from OCNers that the memory leaks with Flash are GONE. The changelog mentions nothing about memory leaks of any kind.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull View Post
lol I'm gonna stay on 3.0.4 until I get confirmations from OCNers that the memory leaks with Flash are GONE. The changelog mentions nothing about memory leaks of any kind.
Adobe has to play their part, too, you know. After 7.0 things went pretty downhill...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Lol I went to hit the check updates button after I read this, and it was already downloading. *creeepy*

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Has anyone tested the new update yet? The previous fire fox version was garbage.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
lol I'll probably be on 3.0.4 until something replaces flash on Youtube then.

It's kinda disconcerting to leave one Youtube tab open, then just watch Task Manager as Firefox.exe goes from 125MB to 250MB on a still picture of Nelson Muntz yelling "Ha Ha".

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by goobergump View Post
Has anyone tested the new update yet? The previous fire fox version was garbage.
I'm using it now. Seems a tad "snappier" with opening pages in new tabs, but that's about it. Oh, and IntelligentMiddleClickums is now incompatible for some reason. That's all, though.

·
15,777 Posts

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
4,521 Posts
i hope they fixed the issue that it crashes every now and then when you first launch it

im sticking to opera, seems to work flawless and i just dont like the issues with crashing browsers xD

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've been using Firefox for a long time. I tried switching to Chrome, but it freezes my computer so... sticking with Firefox.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts