Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a FireGL x3 256 AGP 8x for my custom water cool setup im building....have mobo on the way also (875p Canterwood) Anyone actually used one of these Cards? I do a fair amount of 3d modeling with 3dsmax and cinema 4d. Also, does anyone know where i can find benchmarks of this card so that I may know what to expect?

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
584 Posts
Its an older workstation card, and was designated for mid range at the time so its far from a top workstation performer but it gets the job done. Can't find any benchmarks though just descriptions.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I read at ATI its still in their current line up of FireGL cards

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know this, but i got a really good deal for this....I am an Nvidia guy through and through, but im not gonna fork over the $800 bucks Nvidia wants for something that preforms slightly better......

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
My dad has a FireGL 7200 in his T60p and it runs like a champ. Plays games and renders shapes in ProDesktop great.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi
View Post

My dad has a FireGL 7200 in his T60p and it runs like a champ. Plays games and renders shapes in ProDesktop great.

it says it has full speed AA does this mean I can turn AA on for default opengl and it wont bog out in my MAX scenes?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts