Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I don't like that they're taking the older designs and rebranding them. I personally much would have rather seen them release with a single (or maybe two) new lines of product and honor the warranty of any previously sold or still stocked item from PCP&C and OCZ.

There really isn't a whole lot of logic behind that feeling, other than the PSU market has changed since some of these products released, but that doesn't make these products bad. I just feel a single (or two) new lines and just honoring the old would have been better. Only time will tell.

·
Ryzen Fan
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failuyr View Post

I don't like that they're taking the older designs and rebranding them. I personally much would have rather seen them release with a single (or maybe two) new lines of product and honor the warranty of any previously sold or still stocked item from PCP&C and OCZ.

There really isn't a whole lot of logic behind that feeling, other than the PSU market has changed since some of these products released, but that doesn't make these products bad. I just feel a single (or two) new lines and just honoring the old would have been better. Only time will tell.
I think the first step after merging two companies into one is to re-brand your products, I would think eventually they will release a new line of products.

·
Gaming Extraordinaire
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme21 View Post

I think the first step after merging two companies into one is to re-brand your products, I would think eventually they will release a new line of products.
This ^

I am sure they are working on some new designs as we speak, they did only just get back in business so it's gonna be awhile before they come out with some new products and such.

I don't no much about their old psu's but they seems to be help in high regard here on OCN, I can only hope they continue on with their level of quality and customer satisfaction
smile.gif

·
Ever Forward.
6,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusherW9 View Post

I thought they've been "back" for months?
Yea, they have.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I like their new name!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nice to know they are still around. My psu was bought at the end of 2007 before they merged with OCZ, and it is still going strong.

·
Registered
452 Posts
They can name it whatever they want I am not buying one. I will stick with SuperFlower and their good performance at a competitive price point.

·
Super Moderator
15,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaduZ View Post

They can name it whatever they want I am not buying one. I will stick with SuperFlower and their good performance at a competitive price point.
As far as I know, most of PCP&C's recent power supplies were manufactured by Super Flower and Seasonic.

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudewitbow View Post

PCP&C had that good $/watt psu(950w Silencer MKII(?) a few years back at pretty low prices for the time.
Still using mine, runs like a champ and it's the quietest fan in my PC. I'll be interested to see what they do next with whatever the Silencer series gets rebranded into.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have two 850W Silencer Mk III's, the more recent of which was sold online under the FirePower brand, though it still has PC Power & Cooling branding on the unit.

·
Senior OCN Member
40,946 Posts
Welcome to 2014 its old news even made a thread about the same thing back then.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts