Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We've just released a new firmware update for the CM Storm Spawn that is specifically made to target issues reported with VOIP and CPU latency. Based on the feedback and testing, we were able to replicate the problem and now fixed it with the latest firmware update.

Please note: As with all Firmware updates, you should only update if you are experiencing any problems we have addressed. For those that have this issue, please let me know if it fixes your specific issue.

Direct Link: http://coolermaster-usa.com/download.php?action=ViewDownload&id=328

This is the result of using this new firmware and testing with VOIP active.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Good news, I'll try it immediately
smile.gif

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any other changes with this firmware release? Never had the VOIP issue but I was hoping for an update on the v61 firmware with a lower LOD. If I'm not mistaken this firmware feels identical to the v61 firmware in terms of lift off distance and the native sensor DPI at 800.

·
►¿¿¿
2,272 Posts
Sorry for the slight off-topic, but i couldent help but see DPC Latency checker there, and wanted you to know, that theres a better program for it called "LatencyMon" by resplendence, which can show the interrupt and so on for each process ( usbport included
smile.gif
)

Anyhow, nice job if it fixed it, i dont own any CM hardware cept a hyper 212+, but you never know!, since its hard to find a new IME 3.0 nowadays

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hello CMRajiv would you guys have a plan making a lightweight 80 grams ambidextrous mice such as Zowie AM or FK or Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by toopz View Post

Hello CMRajiv would you guys have a plan making a lightweight 80 grams ambidextrous mice such as Zowie AM or FK or Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical.
Yes
smile.gif
In the works, will share details in the near future when we feel it's ready.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phos View Post

It seems that this has solved the interrupt issue for me.
Good to hear!
Quote:
Any other changes with this firmware release? Never had the VOIP issue but I was hoping for an update on the v61 firmware with a lower LOD. If I'm not mistaken this firmware feels identical to the v61 firmware in terms of lift off distance and the native sensor DPI at 800.
No, the VOIP lag was the major issue we focused on resolving. We cannot go less than 800DPI since that is what the Avago 3090 is designed around. Going to 400dpi can cause problems and its more software based... I know a few people have differing opinions on this, but we've looked into this thoroughly and reached out to Avago for more details.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMRajiv View Post

Good to hear!
No, the VOIP lag was the major issue we focused on resolving. We cannot go less than 800DPI since that is what the Avago 3090 is designed around. Going to 400dpi can cause problems and its more software based... I know a few people have differing opinions on this, but we've looked into this thoroughly and reached out to Avago for more details.
Good to see that you guys are sticking to the native dpi steps please dont interpolate anythings its not need

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlmiller0015 View Post

Good to see that you guys are sticking to the native dpi steps please dont interpolate anythings its not need
We get waaaayyy too many requests to get a 400dpi step hahaha

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Roccats Savu has 4000, 1600, 800, and 400, i dont think they would miss out 3200 if it would be a software solution, and it also felt pretty native to me compared to g400`s 400 cpi step. Also if i remember correct, there was a mentioning that after SROM load thedefault dpi would be around ~400 or something similar.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by woll3 View Post

Roccats Savu has 4000, 1600, 800, and 400, i dont think they would miss out 3200 if it would be a software solution, and it also felt pretty native to me compared to g400`s 400 cpi step. Also if i remember correct, there was a mentioning that after SROM load thedefault dpi would be around ~400 or something similar.
http://www.avagotech.com/pages/en/navigation_interface_devices/navigation_sensors/led-based_sensors/adns-3090/

Based on what my product manager has told me about the latest SROM update didn't do that. You can read the application notes here: http://www.avagotech.com/docs/AV02-3346EN

What Roccat (and many others) did was interpolated the signal to hit 400cpi. I'm just kind of repeating what I discussed with him on the phone so apologies if I'm not 100% clear.. but he was pretty confident in his reasoning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quote:

Good to hear!
I'm not asking for a lower DPI setting. 800dpi is just fine with me. My issue was that going from v32 (or 31) firmware to v61 (and now 102) the liftoff distance of the mouse has increased pretty significantly. I want to use one of these newer firmwares because 800dpi feels better and isn't interpolated like it is on the 3x firmwares, but the higher liftoff distance is killing me. Is there a technical reason that this is happening or was it just a choice made by the firmware developers? I know that others using the newer firmware have noticed the same thing and have put clear tape over the sensor to help.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Quote:

What Roccat (and many others) did was interpolated the signal to hit 400cpi. I'm just kind of repeating what I discussed with him on the phone so apologies if I'm not 100% clear.. but he was pretty confident in his reasoning.
Ive already gone through the 6x pdf a lot of times, but this part just always confuses me:

3. After loading the SROM, the default dpi would be ~ 400 dpi, you will need to write to register 0x0A to get the expected dpi as above.

So is it possible to have native 400 with the ADNS-3090 with some trickery or not?
thinking.gif

But then again why has Roccat left out the 3200 cpi step if 400 is softwarebased? It just doesnt make sense.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryguy View Post

I'm not asking for a lower DPI setting. 800dpi is just fine with me. My issue was that going from v32 (or 31) firmware to v61 (and now 102) the liftoff distance of the mouse has increased pretty significantly. I want to use one of these newer firmwares because 800dpi feels better and isn't interpolated like it is on the 3x firmwares, but the higher liftoff distance is killing me. Is there a technical reason that this is happening or was it just a choice made by the firmware developers? I know that others using the newer firmware have noticed the same thing and have put clear tape over the sensor to help.
We addressed this issue with v61. We offer v31/32 as an alternative to those who need lower LOD. Unfortunately, to decrease the LOD we had to limit the sensors performance ( & Power consumption) which is not acceptable for all users.

Which is why we offer v61 & now 102 with the sensor performing at its fullest capabilities but carrying a higher (Standard) LOD

As with every sensor, there are limitations... We are limited to tweaking the capabilities with firmware as the product is already released & currently in the market with the provided lens from Avago. We do our best to provide as many variations of firmware hoping to provide as many solutions to end users as we can.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts