Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I just bought a crucial M4 128Gb SSD. I was told by the shop to update to 0309 firmware. How is the best way to do this? I"m still transfering files from my current HHD to my external. Is there a way to do this besides installing the new Windows 7, shutting down, rebooting off the firmware disk I created and then updating?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seen the first. Hense why I knew I needed update 0309, the second..Might be more helpful So I'll give it a look.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like I've got no choose. I'll just do it the standard way, hook up, install windows, reboot, run update. And begin enjoyment..lol

·
Retired but not dead!
7,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitePrQjser View Post

Anyway, I got it updated! I used this software:
To all who wish to use a USB drive to update the firmware
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/
01. Run the downloaded .exe
02. Step 1: Select "Try Unlisted Linux ISO (New Syslinux)
03. Browse to your Crucial SSD .ISO-file
04. Select your USB drive
05. If your USB drive is not formatted (Fat32) check the box
06. Click "Create"
07. Click "Ok"
08. Reboot
09. Start from USB drive
10. Follow instructions
Hope it helped!
Here's a guide from a user on here. It's the same method I use but I'm giving the credit to him.

·
Retired but not dead!
7,435 Posts
Once the Crucial iso is loaded to the usb stick, restart and enter bios. Select the usb stick as the boot device. The Crucial iso will take a minute or so to boot and then it will come to the point where it says it found a drive eligible for the update. Type yes and hit enter. When the update is complete, power down the computer and remove the usb stick. Make sure bios knows the m4 is the boot device again and you should be 100% ready to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts