Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, after a long wait and a lot of struggle I did it. My first Athlon 64 rig. The specs are loaded below, just want to see what everyone thinks. The next step is some OC'ing!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything is stock. No AS5 yet, I'm sticking with stock cooling, which is the thermal pad for now. I just bumped it to 220 X 10 = 2200, and am about to run Prime overnight.

Cooling upgrades will most def be next!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ch0da

Everything is stock. No AS5 yet, I'm sticking with stock cooling, which is the thermal pad for now. I just bumped it to 220 X 10 = 2200, and am about to run Prime overnight.

Cooling upgrades will most def be next!

hi
i have a 3000+ venice too... i didnt know that A64's were able to unlock the multiplier...
how did you do it !?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Some of them can. It requires some pretty delicate work on the processor itself. I think he may just have a different 3000+ than you. Some times AMD will release a slightly different version of a prosessor with a higher multi. Such as mine where they just upped the multi by 1 and the 2.4 ghz 3400+ was born so really it is more of a 3600+.

·
Registered
16 Posts
hum.. but he said "I just bumped it to 220 X 10 = 2200, and am about to run Prime overnight." that means that his processor has a 9x multiplier...i think (and i hope)
if its possible then i would like to do it......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts