Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I have been attempting to overclock my oldie but a goodie Phenom II X6 1090t and I believe I have achieved a stable frequency and such. Still undergoing Prime95 blend stress test at the moment to confirm it fully. However, I am just wanting advice on voltages and temps to ensure they are ok and acceptable for 24/7 usage? This is to hold me over until such time as I can afford to upgrade to a newer architecture as well as get some more performance out of the CPU until I do upgrade. I have had this since January 2012 and always ran it at stock as it was just fine for me now however I am needing more performance for my tasks.

I have also changed the timings on my latency from a CL9 to a CL7 and it looks to be doing quite well. Advice or input would be greatly appreciated!!!

EDIT: Max temps for CPU Socket after 3 hours of P95 so far peaked at 59C with current temp at 54/55C. Voltages are still between 1.428 and 1.440 on the vcore. max core temps are 50C with current temps around 46/47C. I think the reason it got to 59C on the socket was how I had my system case angled because I straightened it out and the temps went down to the 54/55C within 10 seconds. May have been grabbing exhaust causing a buildup but I fixed it I believe. Is this ok so far?? I plan on running at least another 3 hours on P95 for a total of 6 hours, should I test longer?? Or would that be ok for a 24/7 OC?? Added another screen shot to show current information.

Edit2: Unfortunately now I am stumped, there seems to be an issue? P95 just stopped working, nothing but the windows error stating application stopped working. unsure if its voltage or what?? bit discouraging now because I am stumped.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't have much experience with p95, hopefully someone here can give you more specific advice there. First thing that comes to mind with that kind of crash though is memory instability, but that might not be it. Try running memtest overnight and seeing what stability looks like, could be that lowering the timings has caused some sort of instability.

Other than that temps look fine, rule of thumb with those chips iirc is not to go above 60ish, 55 is the "safe" safe temp, so you're right at the top. I wouldn't worry about temps as long as they don't get any higher though, since it's unlikely you'll put a prime level load on the CPU doing anything else, so these temps are sort of your worst case scenario.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply! I will run memtest tonight before I go to work and check on it afterwards to see how it runs. I will check into it some more, thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts