Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going water. Right now I'm just cooling a 2500k That's OC but I'm looking to go further and cool my GPU down the road. Can you guys double check this for me?

CPU block:
EK Supremacy Evo

Radiator:
XSPC EX360

Tubing:
PrimoChill

Barbs:
Barbs

I could use some help finding a pump/res combo. I'd like to have a helix reservoir and could use some tips finding one. Any suggestions? I could also use some help setting up a drain.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the same cpu, clocked at 4.5GHz watercooled with Raystorm waterblock. My cpu cores hit 60C, with one of them reaching 63C.

I think you might get a bit better performance with a thicker radiator than the EX360, like the RX360.

I have the RX480, so I know that has very low FPI density, so works good with low rpm fans.
The EX360 seems to have medium fin density, so you'll need good static pressure fans, and will probably be a bit louder than a lower FPI radiator.

What size tubing are you going for, I personally would avoid 1/2-5/8, as the tube wall is too thin and kinks easily.
I like 1/2-3/4, but some people think its too bulky.
But primochill make excellent tubing for 1/2-3/4, like the black onyx and elegent white...

I wouldn't personally use barb fittings throughout the system, I use 2 quite long ones on my reservoir, and the rest are compression fittings.

I'm not sure about pump/res combos, if you watch the builds on youtube of singularity computers, he tends to use the same vertical tube with the pump fixed underneath.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
How long until you add the gpu cooling? That will depend on pump/res combo and also fittings. If its fairly soon, you may want to buy fittings in a 10-pack to save money. But if its going to be a year down the road then you can buy a smaller pack of fittings and a smaller, lower performance pump for now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMatthewStewart View Post

How long until you add the gpu cooling? That will depend on pump/res combo and also fittings. If its fairly soon, you may want to buy fittings in a 10-pack to save money. But if its going to be a year down the road then you can buy a smaller pack of fittings and a smaller, lower performance pump for now.
It's going to be a year at least.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin-java View Post

I have the same cpu, clocked at 4.5GHz watercooled with Raystorm waterblock. My cpu cores hit 60C, with one of them reaching 63C.

I think you might get a bit better performance with a thicker radiator than the EX360, like the RX360.

I have the RX480, so I know that has very low FPI density, so works good with low rpm fans.
The EX360 seems to have medium fin density, so you'll need good static pressure fans, and will probably be a bit louder than a lower FPI radiator.

What size tubing are you going for, I personally would avoid 1/2-5/8, as the tube wall is too thin and kinks easily.
I like 1/2-3/4, but some people think its too bulky.
But primochill make excellent tubing for 1/2-3/4, like the black onyx and elegent white...

I wouldn't personally use barb fittings throughout the system, I use 2 quite long ones on my reservoir, and the rest are compression fittings.

I'm not sure about pump/res combos, if you watch the builds on youtube of singularity computers, he tends to use the same vertical tube with the pump fixed underneath.
Why not use barb fittings?

I was going to go 1/2-3/4 tubes probably.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well you can use barb fittings, they are cheaper...

But they don't look that good, and its not impossible for one to come loose, especially if you accidentally pull on it.

I personally feel safer knowing my tubes are firmly connected to the fittings, but its upto you, you should be fine with all barb fittings as tubes tend to form a tight seal around fittings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts