Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh silly me, thinking I thought of everything when I forgot the thermal paste!
I just got my CPU cooler today (Corsair H50) when it dawned on me that I need some paste for when I transplant my current i7 920 from my Dell OEM into the socket on the new motherboard.

Please recommend something a little better than decent, but nothing exotic with exaggerated claims...

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Just use what they gave you. You will see very little temp. differences when comparing different thermal compounds.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl1nk;11986419
Just use what they gave you. You will see very little temp. differences when comparing different thermal compounds.
I think I was shorted unless I don't see it

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl1nk;11986419
OIC! it's already been applied to the surface of the cooler and is not in a TUBE!

Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrlmWrld;11986584
Thank you for this site, because I was on another tab on NewEgg.com with my CC locked and loaded. I feel richer already...a penny saved is a penny earned!
Sure thing. I didn't even notice that price comparison...$67.74 with free shipping on Buy.com is a good deal.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,771 Posts
Yes it comes with some pre-applied. Also remember if you need to purchase more there is no tremendous difference in thermal paste. The way you apply it and on what your applying to is gonna make all the difference. So when people say Artic Silver 5, MX-2, MX-4, Shin Etsu, or whichever of the top notch paste, there may be a +/- diff of about 2c at most between them all.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckclc;11986639
Yes it comes with some pre-applied. Also remember if you need to purchase more there is no tremendous difference in thermal paste. The way you apply it and on what your applying to is gonna make all the difference. So when people say Artic Silver 5, MX-2, MX-4, Shin Etsu, or whichever of the top notch paste, there may be a +/- diff of about 2c at most between them all.
Some of them last longer, are effective longer, and are therefore a better value. I use IC Diamond and don't have to change it more than every 8-10 months or so.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorkseid;11986634
Sure thing. I didn't even notice that price comparison...$67.74 with free shipping on Buy.com is a good deal.
That's where I got mine took all of 2 days to get here

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,771 Posts
Quote:
Some of them last longer, are effective longer, and are therefore a better value. I use IC Diamond and don't have to change it more than every 8-10 months or so.
Lol. I guess I didnt think of that, because I can never keep the same cpu in a board for that long.
biggrin.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts