Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hello there people of the Internet I would love to know if my first ever build is good and how it could be improved...
Gigabyte G1-Sniper-B5
I5 4670K
Cooler Master X Dream i117 CPU Cooler - Intel LGA775, LGA1155, LGA1156, 95mm
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2*4)
Gigabyte GF GTX 760 OC EDITION
BitFenix Shin-obi Mid-Tower Case
Cooler Master 550W Silent Pro Gold , 80 Plus Gold certification, PSU
BitFenix 120mm Spectre PRO Series Black
Fujitsu S306 128GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5"
Windows 7 HP
Btw I am prefer getting the components from Austin.net.au if possible please :S
This build would be focused mainly on gaming
Budget would be under $1500

·
Registered
197 Posts
i5 4670K is the mid range of Haswell, Intel's latest platform. It is socket LGA1150, which means that LGA775 cooler won't fit. The CPU itself does come with a stock heatsink though.

600W is plenty for a single GPU system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiJY View Post

i5 4670K is the mid range of Haswell, Intel's latest platform. It is socket LGA1150, which means that LGA775 cooler won't fit. The CPU itself does come with a stock heatsink though.

600W is plenty for a single GPU system.
Ah ok thank you, was wondering what it meant

·
Registered
197 Posts
Also, what is your total budget and intended use of the machine? If gaming, I would suggest spending a bit more on the GPU than CPU.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey there, Welcome to Overlcock.net
First off, what type of computer are you building? gaming? video editing? please specify. To start off, I'd suggest a better power supply. 600w will be completely overkill for that system. That one you have chosen looks like a piece of **** that would explode and take all your parts with it if it was stressed anywhere near it's specified wattage. Here is a list of quality power supplies: http://www.overclock.net/t/183810/faq-recommended-power-supplies/0_50 , I'd suggest something in the 500-550w range. This will allow plenty of headroom. I'd also recommend buying off PC Case Gear; awesome, reliable, highly recommend Australian computer store. I would also choose a better cooler. If you want an air cooler, something like a Noctua D-14 would do really nicely if you have the money. If you want something cheap, a Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO. Other than that it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiJY View Post

Also, what is your total budget and intended use of the machine? If gaming, I would suggest spending a bit more on the GPU than CPU.
I'll add it now

·
Registered
197 Posts
Don't get the case from PCCG though, it will add roughly $60 to your shipping. Acquire locally if you can.

EDIT: Do you plan on overclocking? Overclocking is pushing your components to gain more performance than you paid for. If so, I support Dctr's choice in components. From your original build, I doubt you wanted to overclock. Please read some guides and explanations on overclocking before you decide. Otherwise there would be no point in paying that much for CPU+Motherboard at the price of skimping on the GPU

1 - 13 of 13 Posts