Overclock.net banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Flow rate like the temperature inside a loop should be constant and adding a pump before a radiator does not push the water any harder then anywhere else in the loop.

Not sure where you got this from but it’s totally wrong

What model quick disconnects are they are is the flow though them male to female?
Im just assuming the added length to the MORA is the issue
Splitting the loop into parallel is also likely a major flow issue, is there a specific reason you went that route and not in series? Also I’d suggest putting the pumps in series for more head pressure
Ah right, sorry, forgot to add those:
male
female

The only thing in parallel is the mp5 plate, since they advise against adding it in series. Which makes sense since the diameter is tiny on those tubes, they look more cables.
Everyhting else, including pumps is in series. I added the backplate to the GPU since it already has 4 entries and that way I didn't need to add any addition splitters.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
hmm, that might be an issue then, I have both mounted the same way. Going to have to drain the loop to test that.

Update:
Then again, looking this, they say direction does not matter.
Mine aren't koolance, but the design s clearly the same.
Still I'll have to try either way with skipping the radiator.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Reducing tube length to mora did almost nothing, barely 5 liters, 118 now. Update to follow for taking Mo-ra out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Uhm...ok? I guess there was some air bubble stuck somewhere?
I took out the mora but left in the quick disconnects, so just a small length of tube from QDC to QDC, that only went up to 125 liters.
Since I was able to do this with relative ease without actually having to drain much and wihtout a giant radiator it only went up another 5ish liters, I figured the quick disconnect could not make up much more of a difference. So I put the loop back together.

Except now I am getting 122 liters for whatever reason. so more than I had before with shorter tubes and almost as much as without the rad. (could not hear any water sloshing around when I shook it). Regardless, if taking out the Mo-ra only improves flow by 10 liters at best, I would assume the actual components are just that restrictive?
Or should I really go the extra length to try and invert the returning QDC?

·
Registered
144 Posts
can you take a pic of your setup?

also you may want to try to run the loop without the qdc's those alphacool fittings look restrictive

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

Quick disconnects are at the bottom on the outer side of a tube port , going out to mora and back in (so 2 pairs).
I see now that indeed, these fittings seems to be comparable to a cpu block per pair, that would be an issue, but at the same time at around 1 gallon, it's less than a 1 psi drop, so that doesn't seem like the end of the world either (am I wrong?) and at that rate, they compare similarly to the other options, it's only with the really high flows that it becomes a bigger issue.

I heard that svagelok are the bees knees and while super expensive (like 32 euro for one side so around 60 for a pair), they are also pretty much the only other option I see available to me at the moment If I were to change them. I would prefer to keep them (as in QDC, not necessarily these), they are rather convenient.

It seems to me that even with a different connector(or none) I would still need some help to get to 200 ish, which makes me think it's simpler to just get a ddc or two to push through. Tubes are pretty soft at the moment, not that much different to empty tubes really, so I feel like there is still plenty of room to handle it. (16/10 tygon tubes)

·
Registered
144 Posts
what are the second set of fittings on the gpu block for? it's not running in parallel is it? also what flow rate do you have with both pumps running full speed? or does the one pump still run dry

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The second set f fittings is for the mp5 backplate, in parallel yes, the tubes on that are so thin you would not be able to use it in series. Inner diameter on those is apparently only 2.5mm. it's the only thing in parallel.
Both pumps are running at 100% at the moment for 120 liters per hour, so what 0,5ish gallons per hour, bit more?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hmm, I can't say I'm spoiled for choice at the moment, I am looking at these right now:

aqua computer aquacover dual DDC
aqua computer aquacover dual DDC

with two of these

Laing Original-Pumpe DDC-1T/Plus PWM - 12 Volt
Laing Original-Pumpe DDC-1T/Plus PWM - 12 Volt

( and I suppose I would need to get heatsinks as well then)

or two of these

EK Water Blocks EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite - Acetal inkl. Pumpe
EK Water Blocks EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite - Acetal inkl. Pumpe

Two so I can hopefully get the flow and also turn things down a notch instead of running everything maxed and also to reduce noise and temperature on the DDCs.
That said I haven't the faintest clue where to put them. Seriously considering to drill holes into the mora fan cover,. It doesn't look to me that the heatkiller dual d5mount could be converted to fit 2 ddcs instead. Alternatively I would get that and 2 more d5s, at least that would I know I can mount then.

I don't see any other quick disconnects and the swagloks have qdc with no flow restrictions, but that would mean I need put drains in line as they literally just allow you to disconnect easily, so more like a fancy fitting than a disconnect and I also heard you can't just use them as is, so that's basically out the window either.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
OK, I added the two EK DDC pumps, still only 180 Liters/hour 😓, with all 4 pumps running at 100%.
In terms of CPU I haven't seen much benefit, but the GPU went down another 5 degrees on everything.
Also not entirely sure the pumps are running fully. seems a little low? I connected the PWM headers to the noctua fan controller (NA-FC1) via sata, but didn't connect the PWM header.
gonna have to try and find a port somehwere to double check.

I'd have to run more extensive tests but the Delta at least is looking pretty good:

Can't believe two DDC only added 60 liters.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
@Shawnb99

Considering I am beyond anything remotely reasonable at this point. Do you think there is anything to gain by adding MOAR! pumps?
Noise wise I am perfectly fine with all pumps running on 100%, don't hear anything.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts