Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow OCN members,

So I decided to go with a custom loop on my new Skylake build, but since this is my first loop I wanted to ask some advice and help on the parts and just the loop itself.

I will probably go with all EK components, this is what I have:

EK Supremacy EVO (Red, Black or Clear)
EK XRes revo D5PWM + EK RES X3 multiport top and tube 250
EK CoolStream PE 360

For ease of use I also want to install a drain port, since you will probably clean the loop sometimes.

I have:
EK Extender 6mm M-M to connect the pumps outlet to an EK AF T splitter, then with the same extender to the EK Ball valve.
Other port I will use to go to the CPU.

I am really sorry for my bad drawing skills
tongue.gif

But this is what I have planned out myself.

I want the mount the pump to the motherboard tray if this is possible ( a bit like a drew)

From the Pump's outlet to the CPU. Not sure if I need 45°/90° fittings or not to make it good looking
Then from the CPU to the rad. Again not sure if i need angled fittings.
And then from the rad to the res, I am thinking on using 90° fittings to have a straight tube. But do I need an extender for the radiator outlet? Since the fans will be on the inside.

I will be using a Corsair 760T case

Then for the fluid:
I was thinking about using colored tubing with clear fluid but then my 200mm res won't really be as nice.
So my other idea was using the EK Blood red concentrate, with clear or red tubing?

I would be really glad with some advice and help with this. Suggestions or other tips are also very welcome
smile.gif

·
Registered
73 Posts
Take it from me, it is not a bad idea to grab a handful of 90 AND 45 degree fittings for any water cooling build. It unlocks just about every possible option you would need for tube routing. The only bad thing about angled fittings is that they are (obviously) more restrictive than a standard straight in fitting, but if you have a D5 pump I don't think you really have to worry about it. If you have the money, I would buy 2 of each type of fitting (Straight, 45 and 90) for every component in your loop. It might sound like overkill, but it will make things much easier and will allow you room for expansion in the future as well. I went with 45 degree fittings for my cpu/gpu blocks and I had to use a 90 on my rad and a 90 on my res for return.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
You might be able to mount the res somewhat like I did with the Photon in my 750D. Check the link in my sig. It's a little extra work but it looks really nice and professional. Your layout looks fine though, its a really simple loop. I'd probably use a 45 and a 90 on the radiator, 45s on the block, and 90s on the reservoir.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,
2 45 and 90 fittings does sound a bit overkill, but then you do have options... Will think about where I don't need angled fittings and go from there
smile.gif

And yes the loop is really simple now but i really don't feel like spending 150+ euro (GPU block, backplate, fittings) to watercool my GTX 770 as I am planning on upgrading to a Pascal card when they come out.
As for tubing and fluid, any ideas?

@ RX7-2nr

Wow your reservoir mounting plate does look really good!
Shame I don't have tools... (Really need to buy some tools I know
tongue.gif
)

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking and maybe I just buy a 240mm radiator in the front and mount the pump to that, like this:

I just hope the loop will look good, cause you can't really draw it out.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnad View Post

I like your first drawing better, it will be less tubing and look better imo.

EDIT: You might even consider turning the top rad so the ports are at the front of the case instead of the back, might look a little cleaner.
I also do like my first drawing better, but mounting the reservoir will be a bit difficult...

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archang3l View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnad View Post

I like your first drawing better, it will be less tubing and look better imo.

EDIT: You might even consider turning the top rad so the ports are at the front of the case instead of the back, might look a little cleaner.
I also do like my first drawing better, but mounting the reservoir will be a bit difficult...
It's not difficult at all. Go to the 760T owners club and you will lots of examples.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tip, will check it out.
But to be honest I really want tot use hard tubing as it just looks zo much better. But I am afraid i will break something or mess up al the bends

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archang3l View Post

Thanks for the tip, will check it out.
But to be honest I really want tot use hard tubing as it just looks zo much better. But I am afraid i will break something or mess up al the bends
That's not difficult either. it just takes practice to bend or a little more money to use elbows. There is a bending 101 thread, just search for it. It will walk you through it easy peasy, but it will take practice and a little cost for the bending tools. But if the extra cost of fittings and elbows is no big deal then that will save the time and effort of bending.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts