Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
d[ o_0 ]b
7,316 Posts
the best thing you can do is go to a store and hold each camera and see which one has the button layout you like the most and feels the best in your hands. both a great starter cameras

• Rep+
Reactions: The Master Chief

·
d[ o_0 ]b
7,316 Posts
if you like the feel of the nikon and the layout i would suggest getting the nikon. nothing sucks more than getting the alternative to what you prefer more. nikon makes great cameras and lenses. im told their lenses are a little better than canon since nikon is more of a glass company and canon is more of a camera company. so its a tradeoff i think. i dont know this for fact was told to me by a sports photographer as he explained why most sports photographers do canon over nikon is because of the camera. it all comes down to personal preference i think

• Rep+

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy;14167965
if you like the feel of the nikon and the layout i would suggest getting the nikon. nothing sucks more than getting the alternative to what you prefer more. nikon makes great cameras and lenses. im told their lenses are a little better than canon since nikon is more of a glass company and canon is more of a camera company. so its a tradeoff i think. i dont know this for fact was told to me by a sports photographer as he explained why most sports photographers do canon over nikon is because of the camera. it all comes down to personal preference i think
That being said Canon lenses are generally more affordable.

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
If you like the Nikon, then get the Nikon. Both manufacturers make excellent cameras, 'nuff said.

• Rep+

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
As much as I love my wife's D5100, I wouldn't really recommend the D3000 or the D5000.

Done a lot of research on the T3i, not the T3.

Really it comes down to the feel of the camera in your hand and the feel of the controls. I would seriously consider checking out all of your options in store.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Both choices are entry level cameras, and will perform pretty similarly. If you haven't checked out this website, it helps a lot when comparing two cameras: http://www.snapsort.com

The Canon T3 shoots videos at 720p, has live view (if you are so used to looking at the screen while shooting, would be an easy transition)..

The Nikon has more cross type focus points which will generally give you better auto focus performance.

Check out that website, check out YouTube "x vs y" videos that compare the two cameras, look at sample images, etc. If the Nikon feels better in your hands, though, and you generally feel more comfortable holding it, go for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts