Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We havent eve had this Xbox 360 for a day yet. Heres what we have for games already.

Final Fantasy XIII
Halo 3 The one that was released like 2 or three years ago with the Helmet. (Wife bought it for me for Xmas... thought it would work on the computer.
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
2 Basket Games she found
Cars racing... for the kid
Forza 2
Forza 3

I plan on having some fun.

·
Premium Member
7,451 Posts
Welcome to xbox360
I have not done much more then play Halo3, Halo Wars, and MW2 on mine.

Well, there was NetFlix, but that gets boring after a while. My entire media collection took about a week to re-encode over into one of many xbox friendly formats (from plain DVD).

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wife has won a few games over the past couple of years.
She has the Mass Effect
and the 2 Basket ball games for a while.
Shes been wanting to buy me... (we know its for her LOL) an XBox 360.
I think she has a few more games stashed in her closet as well. Time will tell.

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
Wait...why would you buy a 360 when you have a kickass PC?

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevlo
View Post

Wait...why would you buy a 360 when you have a kickass PC?

some games u cant get on the pc like forza or halo 3 or FFXIII

decent collection there... i think im just collecting 360 games cos theres some ive owned for months and still aint played them cos honestly... gaming doesnt seem to be appealing to me anymore :'(

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Some friendly tips from a guy who fixes a lot of XBOXs to keep your going:

1) Keep it off the floor to help keep it dust + dirt free. Spraying some compressed air in to clean it like once or twice a year helps.

2) Don't move it while a game is inside spinning

3) Put it to dashboard for a minute when your done playing so it gradually cools down rather then just shutting it off.

The newer 360s are built better then the old ones so you'll have to worry less but these are just some simple tips.

Netflix is a great gift for the Mrs too.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah... some games ya cant get for the PC. Plus... my 6 year old had a blast racing his dad today. I know it was an accident that he did a Pit move on me and spun me around.... But he beat me. LOL

Anyhow. I told my wife for a couple of years to forget about getting one. She just finally bought it. FFXIII got her.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IamWedge View Post
Yeah... some games ya cant get for the PC. Plus... my 6 year old had a blast racing his dad today. I know it was an accident that he did a Pit move on me and spun me around.... But he beat me. LOL
Maybe it wasn't an accident!

Careful with that one in 10 years.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by technoredneck95
View Post

Why didn't you want to get one?

Most times I dont have time to play it. Most times my work takes me a few hours from home so im usually gone during the week. Like when i worked on the rebuild of the 35W bridge. I was gone for 10 months. I worked 12 hour (a few 14-16 hour days) 7 days a week for 10 months straight. Not much time to do anything other than eat and sleep. My wife works online so she doesnt really have time to play either. Plus we didnt really want the kids sitting all day playing it. But now that she got it... im not complaining. Its a nice system. Im having some fun and my 6 year old is having a blast.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IamWedge
View Post

Most times I dont have time to play it. Most times my work takes me a few hours from home so im usually gone during the week. Like when i worked on the rebuild of the 35W bridge. I was gone for 10 months. I worked 12 hour (a few 14-16 hour days) 7 days a week for 10 months straight. Not much time to do anything other than eat and sleep. My wife works online so she doesnt really have time to play either. Plus we didnt really want the kids sitting all day playing it. But now that she got it... im not complaining. Its a nice system. Im having some fun and my 6 year old is having a blast.

There are some handy parental controls on the 360:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Max. Nice Info in that video. +Rep

1 - 13 of 13 Posts