Overclock.net banner

First experience with MySQL

603 3
I run a domain hosted by Netfirms and I'm wanting to install Gallery 2.0 to make our photo gallery more interactive and organized. To do this, I have to setup a MySQL database. Through the Netfirms control panel, I can add databases. To administer them I have to click on "phpMyAdmin" which then opens up a page in phpMyAdmin. In the left frame is says "No Databases" but when I click on Databases, it shows the database I created in the Netfirms control panel. And I noticed that under "Create a Database" it says "No privileges". So right now I'm stuck and need help. This whole thing is a learning experience for me right now so bear with me while I ask some stupid questions.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are the same people that took 2 months just getting me the password to my account when I registered there. Somehow I doubt I'm gonna have much luck with them.

I think that I can only create databases in the Netfirms control panel. But I still don't understand why I can't do anything with the one I created. Here's the first screen that comes up on phpMyAdmin

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since I wasn't able to get the database to work, I tried taking the other route, using their photo gallery software. However I ran into problems there as well too. So I contacted them, and I don't know what they did, but not only did they fix the problem I was having with their photo gallery software, but they fixed the database problem I was having with phpMyAdmin. So now everything shows up like its supposed to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.