Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run a domain hosted by Netfirms and I'm wanting to install Gallery 2.0 to make our photo gallery more interactive and organized. To do this, I have to setup a MySQL database. Through the Netfirms control panel, I can add databases. To administer them I have to click on "phpMyAdmin" which then opens up a page in phpMyAdmin. In the left frame is says "No Databases" but when I click on Databases, it shows the database I created in the Netfirms control panel. And I noticed that under "Create a Database" it says "No privileges". So right now I'm stuck and need help. This whole thing is a learning experience for me right now so bear with me while I ask some stupid questions.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Have you tried talking to your host about it, usually they are the best people to talk to because sometimes required packages are not on their servers, and they can sometimes add them if need be.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are the same people that took 2 months just getting me the password to my account when I registered there. Somehow I doubt I'm gonna have much luck with them.

I think that I can only create databases in the Netfirms control panel. But I still don't understand why I can't do anything with the one I created. Here's the first screen that comes up on phpMyAdmin

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since I wasn't able to get the database to work, I tried taking the other route, using their photo gallery software. However I ran into problems there as well too. So I contacted them, and I don't know what they did, but not only did they fix the problem I was having with their photo gallery software, but they fixed the database problem I was having with phpMyAdmin. So now everything shows up like its supposed to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.