Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the boards...anyway I just started my first overclocking adventure.

I have purchased an ABit NI8 SLI board (nforce 4), Cooler Master Hyper 48, to overclock my p4 550. So far i've taken it from the stock 3.4ghz to 3.74 just by raising the FSB to 220(2mhz incriments).Everything is running great, I was just wondering what the average overclock people are getting on decent air cooling.

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It's pretty common to see that CPU go beyond 4.0 GHz, and on really good air cooling, you may be able to squeeze 4.2-4.4 GHz out of it if everything goes really well. I would aim for the 4.0 GHz threshold first and then go from there.

Please take a minute to fill in your system specs in your User CP. Links are provided in my signature. That will better help us help you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the welcome guys! I filled in my system specs so we all have an idea of what i'm doing. 3.7 seems to be holding steady just fine, I bumped up the FSB and the Voltage from 1.4-> 1.425. Everything seems good to go, had it running CS source for a couple hours last night. I want 4ghz!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RG|KoN
[email protected], i'm going to stress test tonight with Prime. I must say this is the best site i've ever been to for overclocking, the intel guide was really helpful.
WELCOME! Great place to visit and to stick around...wouldn't bother going back to the other sites since com'n here.....Oknilp

·
Registered
78 Posts
yea my 3.4 prescott runs at just over 4.2 all the time on stock cooling. and idles at 32

the ram realy did have alot to do with it though, when i had cheaper ram the overclock was higher. but now with the ballistix i cant realy go higher than 4.2 without making it cooler

1 - 10 of 10 Posts