Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the current state. It's not too bad but I'm a bit finicky when it comes to dust and cleaning my computer/desk.

I dust it every two weeks, and fully clean the interior every 3 months. I mostly use my hand for the dust part, and compressed air isn't "Amazing" when dusting this off. At least I don't have the concentration cord aka plastic skinny thingy.

I thought maybe some vets will have cool tricks/advice. Thanks
smile.gif

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by redxmaverick View Post

I usually just run my filters under the faucet and set it aside to dry up.
biggrin.gif
I tried that it still had a lot of dust build up. Ended up doing it 3 times and it still wasn't completely clean =/

Maybe my faucet is weak?

·
Jack-of-all-trades
1,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redxmaverick View Post

While running it under the faucet, try using an old toothbrush and scrubbing it down.
I try not to use a toothbrush because I feel that it *may* leave scratch marks in the long run (yeah I am very sensitive about my case lol). I have the same mesh and all I do is put it on running water and lather it with dishwashing liquid. Looks like brand new afterwards
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
961 Posts
I shouldn't have said scrub it down but rather brush off the dust like you're brushing your teeth, gently. If a toothbrush is safe and gentle enough for your teeth and gums, it should be safe enough on plastic.

Also as mentioned above

Faucet
======= Filter
Dust

·
Premium Member
28,380 Posts
Vacuum cleaner usually works very nicely to suck the dirt out of filter.

Put some dish soap in the sink with about 3" / 75mm warm water.
Lay the filter in dirty side down and let it soak for a few minutes.
Than with filter flat rapidly move / shake it up and down about an inch / 25mm vigorously. Might take a few minutes and a second soak but should dislodge the dirt.
Rinse it with clean water and let dry.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Vacuum cleaner usually works very nicely to suck the dirt out of filter.

Put some dish soap in the sink with about 3" / 75mm warm water.
Lay the filter in dirty side down and let it soak for a few minutes.
Than with filter flat rapidly move / shake it up and down about an inch / 25mm vigorously. Might take a few minutes and a second soak but should dislodge the dirt.
Rinse it with clean water and let dry.
Done!

·
Premium Member
28,380 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.