Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to watercool my GPU (EVGA Classified 980ti). I put together a list on EK waterblocks for it and was wondering if you all had any suggestions. Below I include a diagram of how I intend to do the loop. Its all in the first stages, just wondering if you all had suggestions that might save me some money and/or help my approach.

GPU Block: EK FC780 GTX

Pump: EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM-Plexi

Reservoir: EK-RES X3 250-White

Radiator: EK Cool Stream PE 240 Dual

PETG Tubing 12/16mm

EK HDC Fittings

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'd go with the first one.

Unless you have to have the ports on the bottom (or a physical limitation), its much easier to bleed the rads with its ports right side up.

·
Ladies, One at a Time
9,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke79 View Post

Is this for the sake of the pump, better flow,...?
Only Thing to know about the Pump is to make sure it is fed liquid (So Having the Res above it is perfect)

And about the Radiator Configuration, If you have the ports at the Top as in your first picture, and drain the loop, liquid would remain in it. Because Gravity.

Having the ports at the bottom of the case would completely drain the rad with the card, and everything else in the loop.

You could have a Q rotary or whatnot on the radiator to attach a drain if you prefer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok. I understand. So is there a radiator out there that has a drain option? I don't see the EK rads with ports other than on one side or the other. Also, for the GPU block, is there any other you would recommend? I saw a cool one in the gallery that had blue LED, can't seem to find it though.

Thanks!

·
Ladies, One at a Time
9,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstroke79 View Post

ok. I understand. So is there a radiator out there that has a drain option? I don't see the EK rads with ports other than on one side or the other. Also, for the GPU block, is there any other you would recommend? I saw a cool one in the gallery that had blue LED, can't seem to find it though.

Thanks!
You can put a drain anywhere. Here is a parvum I just re did. I have ek waterblocks on all of my gpus. Some have led holes drilled in to add lighting others do not. You can light up a case with Darkside LED on any color if that is what you want.

I have a drain on the front of my pump on the S3. Using a qrotary attached to the pump, then the Drain goes off of the rotary fitting.

TCO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts