Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time OC after pushing it back for the longest time. This is a screenshot of it. Right now, I'm trying to figure out if the computer not crashing and BSOD = complete success after IBT and P95.

Also, I really didn't know what to disable in bios so I only disabled a few things.
I disabled
C1E Support
Intel Virtualization Tech
Everything connected to the video card
But
Speed Step is enabled and HT is enabled

CPU Freq 174
QPI Freq 3480
DRAM Freq 1392

Timing for ram is set manually @ 7 8 7 24 2T
These
are my timings bad?

My volts are
1.212 for VCORE
1.15 for VTT
1.6 for DRAM
1.1 for PCH
Auto for IGD
So far this is a SS

Let me know if you think my vcore is too high as well as what you think about my ram timings

·
Registered
5 Posts
Considering your memories, you could do a bit better, then again, it could just be any factor. I am not a professional OC but on a scale of 10 i'd rate it 8,5... for a first OC

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CmdShepard85
View Post

Considering your memories, you could do a bit better, then again, it could just be any factor. I am not a professional OC but on a scale of 10 i'd rate it 8,5... for a first OC

thanks! and welcome to OCN

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I think it's excellent, I'd rate it a 9. Though you should try to push it further (since you have a lot of headroom both with voltage and with temperatures) with a 200*21 (4.2Ghz) config and start with 1.32Vcore and slowly go down to whatever is needed by your chip.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild;11985043
I think it's excellent, I'd rate it a 9. Though you should try to push it further (since you have a lot of headroom both with voltage and with temperatures) with a 200*21 (4.2Ghz) config and start with 1.32Vcore and slowly go down to whatever is needed by your chip.
well the thing is, i'm actually OC'ing for fun right now...
i temporary lent my i7 rig for this rig. even with this 1ghz OC, the computer actually feels slower than stock

anyone know why? btw can anyone tell me if i disabled all the right stuff?
btw what is qpi and should i make it higher
is my dram freq too low for the ram that i have right now

thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts