Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went ahead and built my first system intel q9650 gigabyte EP43-UD3L mb and 4 gigs corsair 800mhz ram thermaltake big typhoon hs (lapped) . I was able to get to 380 fsb = 3.4g stable for 18 hrs .temps at idle are 29,28,29,31 @99%cpu 50,49,50,55. Some help now is appreciated
Is it normal for 1 core to be 4to5 degrees hotter than the other 2
I set the graphics to 100mhz ,other than that Ive made no changes to any other settings in the bios . Where do I go next ? Im trying to get to 4.0g
The vcore is 1.17 in cpuz isnt it supposed to be 1.25? should I up that next ?
Regarding ram theres a setting in the bios for MCH latch that looks like a setting for ram . Should I set this to 400mhz or leave it
Sorry for the newb questions Any help or other suggestions are greatly appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
Difference in core temperatures is normal. Temps look good.
PCIe speed is also Ok.

What about voltages? I suggest you stay away from AUTO settings. General feeling is that it ttends to give more voltage than needed, with the increased risk and heat.

MCH latch, you can set it to 400 in order to keep RAM out of the equation. Once you have reached your overclocked CPU speed, you will then worry about RAM

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
As this in not so much a general type question, your thread would do much better in the Intel section.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts