Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its my first time trying to overclock after tons of research and I kind of got it figured out but I ran into some minor problems. I have a I5 2500k, msi p67a gd65. I got it up to 4.5 stable testing with prime95 but after rebooting I noticed that when I reboot or even a cold startup, I'll hear the fans start up, then maybe 5 sec. later it will shut down and start up again. Nothing shows orup on the screen or anything. It does this once, sometimes twice in a row until finally booting up normally. Any ideas? Another thing I was wondering about, I tried going up to 47 on my multiplier, even after the booting problems but when I checked cpuid it shows my multi at 45. I went back to bois figuring maybe I didn't save but in the bois it says 47x and the upper corner says 4.7. Is this normal or does it mean im not really at 4.7? anyone know whats going on. Thanks and love the site.

·
Registered
420 Posts
it's with the vdroop...to save power the crank it down when idle....you should change the vcore like he said if it still continues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies...when I turned on the comp today it started fine so if it happens again Ill try it. I have yet to do some real testing at this vcore. As for the cpu-z is that normal to be saying 45x when in bios im at 47x?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.