Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to push the FSB to 225 with my P4 3.2Ghz but I didn't do anything with the memory setting. The system runs stable and idle at 39c. I guess my question is, do I need to change the memory setting or just leave it alone.

·
Registered
874 Posts
You might try putting a divider on your RAM, if not already done and loering your multiplier...if it can be...and pushing your FSB further. But, like Enterprise said, if you are happy with it, then let it be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was contemplating in pushing it to 3.8. My limitation lies on the Kingston memory (PC2700 - 333Mhz), which can only run at 320Mhz at the current setting. I was thinking of lowering it to 266Mhz and set the rest like this:<br />
<br />
FSB to 230<br />
DDR Voltage - 2.55v<br />
AGP/PCI - 66/33Mhz<br />
DDR Frequecy at 266Mhz<br />
DRAM Refresh Rate - Auto<br />
DRAM CAS# Latency - 3<br />
DRAM RAS# Precharge - 4<br />
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Relay - 4<br />
DRAM Precharge Delay - 8<br />
DRAM Burst Length - 4<br />
DRAM Idle Timer - Auto<br />
<br />
If I use the divider for the RAM, 1/2 of 333 will be 166. Where do I set this number.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Not big on Intel setups, but I'll bump it so someone can help you out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tested it with Prima95 for the whole night and it is running stable at 3.6. Anyone here got their P4 3.2E running stable at 3.8.

·
Registered
365 Posts
We had one running at 4 for a while at work, but that was stock cooling and we never stress tested it for more than an hour. IIRC if crashed once so we clocked it down to 3.8 and it didn't miss a beat. However it wasnt a game machine, we used it for ordering and invoicing so it wasn't doing any real work.<br><br>
You should be pushing around 37sec 1M superpi which is good.<br><br>
Good to see you have locked your pci bus - that catches a lot of noob's out. Also, if you're underclocking your ram with a divider - you'll find you can run tighter timings as well!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts