Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Thats a laptop, right?

I personally wouldn't reccomend overclocking a lappy (if its possible), you have no room for aftermarket cooling for starters and lappy's get hot stock

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is a laptop. Is there anything I can do it make it a bit faster. It is clocking at around 997 Mhz. Is there a reason for that when it is a 1.6 Ghz processor?

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Where do you get that reading from?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
low clock- Probably power saving. It will speed up under load.. Hardly any performance hit
(GOOD thing! Saves battery life, and runs cooler..)

This is standard tech.. My P3 thinkpad does it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok that is a relief. Thanks for the help guys. I am a web developer and it is a little embarrassing how little I know about hardware.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I've got exactly the same laptop as you mate, and I got my CPU to run at 1.83Ghz with that overclocking thing from CPUID. I haven't oced it for about 3 months now, but it did seem noticably faster.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maxskybarger
View Post

I just received a Dell E1505 and am new to overclocking. Here are the specs I am getting on CPU-Z http://technovative.org/cpuz.htm

I am just not satisfied with this. Has anyone overclocked the Merom yet? I could really use some help on walking through what to do. Thanks!

What you observing is Intel's Speedstep technology, which decreases cpu speed in low load conditions to increase battery life and decrease heat. Under heavy load, the processor will increase to 1.6GHz.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts