Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Waiting on New Hardware
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya'll

this is my first time overclocking, AND registering for a forum about overclocking.
I've had nice experience with the Intel Core i7 920 D0
I don't run stability tests, since in my opinion they're a waste of energy (and $$). I only overclock when i need to play some games, especially FSX. other than that, my PC just run at stock.

·
Premium Member
8,661 Posts
Welcome to OCN.

I would highly reccomend running some stability tests, even if it is just linx for 1/2 an hour.

If your OC is unstable at all it could permanently cause damage to any number of your components. while it may not have happened yet, it could happen at any time, and is more likely to happen the longer you run it unstable.

·
Initializing...
23,786 Posts
Welcome to OCN!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome aboard james8. Im sure you will find all the info here.... in abundance, not to mention useful.

·
Waiting on New Hardware
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thankx for all the welcome
yeah i've ran the [email protected] CPU stresstest program for around 2 hours, prime 95 1 hour. and no problem occurred. fact is, the only thing I'm afraid of crashing is my 2 HDDs in RAID 0 lol. oh, 1 more thing, my ram run kinda slow, I'm running it at 1696 MHz but the timings are only 8-8-8-24-2T. I heard people could run at like 7 something with 1T. but when i run it at stock at 1600 MHz and I switch to 1T,or decrease any timing, system became unstable. I thought Kingston HyperX was a good brand. guess not?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts