Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Ive moved up to an actual dual core CPU, Im going to be putting a water cooling kit toghether. But have a couple questions before I go any further.

1st: What are some realy good CPU water blocks? Id rather keep the cost low but Im open to suggestions, but want something that will flow nice and cool.

2nd: I plan on running a fanless coil system of some sort(undesided on exact plan) but I plan on running it with dry ice for special days. My question is when I dont plan on running with dry ice will the system be fine as is with just the coil and no fan or shall I work a fan system in?

Ok I have 1 more question. What kinda rough estimate temps do you think a system like that would run with a high flow pump? Im idling at 45C @ 3.68 with a lapped CPU and lapped big typhoon as I type.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
You will need some sort of fan system. You should be getting from low to mid 30's to 40 idle depending on vcore and ambient temps. load will depend on the same things. I run a Swiftech G4"storm" block and it works great. At stock speeds running full load temps are 34-35 with 1.375 vcore. overclocked to 4.5 with 1.575 vcore temps are 10c higher. The Swiftech "appogee" is a good block too.
Coil cooling with any kind of forced, sub ambient temps will require condensation proofing the system.

• Rep+
Reactions: DrDeville

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Something like this?

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Those are hot...maybe 40-45Cidle at that speed.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by claymanhb

Those are hot...maybe 40-45Cidle at that speed.

Im getting 44-45 idle right now @ 3.6 on air. Your saying that block wouldnt drop my temps more?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shock.r

water cooling depends almost completely on the temp of the room. the cooler you keep the room the better.

Well I plan on running some sort of insolated(sp) setup for the cooling. I think Im gonna run a regular fanned heater core system, and a coil system on the same line, not entirely sure yet whats gonna happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts