Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
There a different brackets available, I don't have that particular one but the screws on the 90 degree bracket for their combo reservoir are 5,5 cm center to center. I reckon so is the included one for just the pump

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
There a different brackets available, I don't have that particular one but the screws on the 90 degree bracket for their combo reservoir are 5,5 cm center to center. I reckon so is the included one for just the pump
Thank you very much.The holes on my case are 5 and 7 so I don't think that will work.Most likely I will have to get the bracket you have and mount it on the radiator.Does your bracket screw on the pump also or only on the reservoir?

·
Registered
131 Posts
How do you plan on mounting it?
I have mine on a sponge which itself is attached to a 120mm fan adapter. So the holes might not matter is what I'm saying.

I have the 90 degree bracket here, and the 120 fan adapter for that below it as well. The bracket screws onto the pump op with 3 screws and on the bottom with 3.
Though the bottom is not really screwed in, it's really weird lol. You have the bottom of the pump, then a thick piece of silicon is pushed in for ye old RGB, and then the actual bottom plate is pressed into that, and it is this bottom plate that is screwed in. So you actually have some (mild) decoupling going on there.
In the ultitube (reservoir) pro version, but also available separately, you can get a silicon bracket that goes around the top of the reservoir to attach to stuff via a single screw, also decoupling a bit.

Then I guess it also depends on if you are married to the pump top, because their pump tops also come with their own brackets, which also mount to 120/140 adapters.
That section also has the sponge I use, not a must but It does work as described and should fit just about anything I reckon.

*** update
The top of hte 90 degree bracket actually as two sets of holes, on is 5 across, the other 5,5, but you'd only get on set of 5mm holes, maybe that's enough though.
These are the holes that actually go into the pump top. but you could use longer screws I guess to include the case wall.

.......x........
...x.......x... <== 5 mm, connects to pump top.
.x...........x. <== 5,5 mm would connect to case or adapter
.x...........x. <== 5,5 mm

he bottom then also has a set of 5,5, which fits their fan adapters.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,723 Posts
After reasearching more and taking your advise I had to change a couple of things.Please let me know how this looks.Also I read that all radiators need to be cleaned before installation with preferably a mayhem clean kit, I will look into that further.

Nice looking setup. My only two thoughts would on the tubing and the fans. I really know absolutely nothing about AC clear tubing, but clear tubing can be a cause of concern with plasticizer, clouding, etc. I would try to get some feedback from people who have some experience with it just to be certain it isn't problematic. Cleaning plasticizer out of a loop isn't a fun process.

My personal opinion on the fans....well, I'm not a big fan of the industrials because they have what I (and a number of other users here) find to be an incredibly irritating bearing noise, especially at lower speeds when the sound of air doesn't mask it. If you don't intend on running vacuum cleaner like sound levels, you are better off with the standard NF-F12 which has identical performance up to 1500 rpm, and doesn't have the grainy bearing noise.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
How do you plan on mounting it?
I have mine on a sponge which itself is attached to a 120mm fan adapter. So the holes might not matter is what I'm saying.

I have the 90 degree bracket here, and the 120 fan adapter for that below it as well. The bracket screws onto the pump op with 3 screws and on the bottom with 3.
Though the bottom is not really screwed in, it's really weird lol. You have the bottom of the pump, then a thick piece of silicon is pushed in for ye old RGB, and then the actual bottom plate is pressed into that, and it is this bottom plate that is screwed in. So you actually have some (mild) decoupling going on there.
In the ultitube (reservoir) pro version, but also available separately, you can get a silicon bracket that goes around the top of the reservoir to attach to stuff via a single screw, also decoupling a bit.

Then I guess it also depends on if you are married to the pump top, because their pump tops also come with their own brackets, which also mount to 120/140 adapters.
That section also has the sponge I use, not a must but It does work as described and should fit just about anything I reckon.

*** update
The top of hte 90 degree bracket actually as two sets of holes, on is 5 across, the other 5,5, but you'd only get on set of 5mm holes, maybe that's enough though.
These are the holes that actually go into the pump top. but you could use longer screws I guess to include the case wall.

.......x........
...x.......x... <== 5 mm, connects to pump top.
.x...........x. <== 5,5 mm would connect to case or adapter
.x...........x. <== 5,5 mm

he bottom then also has a set of 5,5, which fits their fan adapters.
I dont know yet how I m gona mount it.The ideal way is to use the Heatkiller standar brackets but i cant find them anywhere availiable.That would look cool and also be better stracturally.I was looking at the bracket you got with the 90 and the rad mounting but the 90 seems to be too high and is gona be hitting the bottom of the reservoir while the one that comes with just the pump has a lower profile.Last case sencario I can always use an existing hole in the case and drill another but I would prefer to avoid that.Do you know how high is the back plate on this Aquacomputer bracket D5 NEXT for ULTITUBE D5 reservoir

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Nice looking setup. My only two thoughts would on the tubing and the fans. I really know absolutely nothing about AC clear tubing, but clear tubing can be a cause of concern with plasticizer, clouding, etc. I would try to get some feedback from people who have some experience with it just to be certain it isn't problematic. Cleaning plasticizer out of a loop isn't a fun process.

My personal opinion on the fans....well, I'm not a big fan of the industrials because they have what I (and a number of other users here) find to be an incredibly irritating bearing noise, especially at lower speeds when the sound of air doesn't mask it. If you don't intend on running vacuum cleaner like sound levels, you are better off with the standard NF-F12 which has identical performance up to 1500 rpm, and doesn't have the grainy bearing noise.
I will be honest with you I have no clue about the tubing or the ramifications of it.My plan was to use transparent tubing and demineralised water for the loop.I read that i might have to add biocides to that water but I m gona have to research more and in depth.At first i choose 10/13 as I can buy the fittings locally but after discussion here 10/16 seems better in case there are big bents.Not that im gona have any but just in case.As for the fans I choose those cause they have the best static pressure and they cost the same as the NF12 but if they re too noisy i ll rather get something else.Please link anything that you might think is worthy in terms of sound performance ratio.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I haven't ordered any watercooling parts so far because I have ordered the cpu and the mobo (got ram rdy 2 years now lol) and with everything going on I really dont know when they will arrive.Surprisingly enough they were expected to be delivered today and somehow the order is on it's way.So now I gota order the watercooling parts.I cant find anything decent here in Australia so basically I 've found two sites one in Germany and one In USA.I really like the looks of the heatkiller reservoir but cant find the mounting brackets available.If anyone knows any decent site that is shipping international and might have what I am after in stock please post links.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,723 Posts
As for the fans I choose those cause they have the best static pressure and they cost the same as the NF12 but if they re too noisy i ll rather get something else.Please link anything that you might think is worthy in terms of sound performance ratio.
The industrials have more maximum static pressure solely due to the fact that they have a higher maximum rpm. At like speeds, performance is absolutely identical in terms of cfm and static pressure. Be careful looking at static pressure ratings, they are maximum ratings and not necessarily indicative of the actual performance at speeds you will be using. See the below chart from Noctua as an example. While the NF-F12 has more maximum static pressure than an NF-A12X25, the NF-A actually has more through the most widely used speeds:

:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,723 Posts
Yes, they are great fans relative to price.
"Relative to price" being the key in that statement. They are an excellent low cost fan, I would say far and away the best budget fan available. They definitely perform on par with many more expensive fans. But....they certainly aren't built and finished like a Noctua, BQ, etc. The performance looks to be close, but not quite there, and there are numerous reports of humming and noise issues at certain speeds. It really boils down to your budget.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
"Relative to price" being the key in that statement. They are an excellent low cost fan, I would say far and away the best budget fan available. They definitely perform on par with many more expensive fans. But....they certainly aren't built and finished like a Noctua, BQ, etc. The performance looks to be close, but not quite there, and there are numerous reports of humming and noise issues at certain speeds. It really boils down to your budget.
noctua atm are insanely priced,i got the NFA-14 for 40 a couple of years ago.Please recommend me any other decent fans thereabouts.
fans.JPG

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,723 Posts
noctua atm are insanely priced,i got the NFA-14 for 40 a couple of years ago.Please recommend me any other decent fans thereabouts.
Ouch....If things are that out of control in terms of pricing by you, just grab the Arctics.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Its done.Ordered cpu block,reservoir,barrow fittings,mayhem clean kit,brackets straight from weatercool.Rads aquacomputer pump from aquatunig and corsair rotaries and y split plus arctic fans locally.For tubing I will go with mayhems ultra clear.Also bought mayhems biocide extreme for the water.Will post updates and questions here if anyone is interested.Thank you all very much for all the input an suggestions.

·
Registered
372 Posts
For rad fans, can also think about LianLi Unifan's, I recently redid my build(again :D) and am really happy with them, the mounting of them has to have been one of the easiest and best experiences ever. So much sweeter on the cable management.

Just saw you already ordered the Arctic P12's, they are very good price/perf so I'm sure you'll be happy with them. I use them in some other applications and have had a good experience with them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
For rad fans, can also think about LianLi Unifan's, I recently redid my build(again :D) and am really happy with them, the mounting of them has to have been one of the easiest and best experiences ever. So much sweeter on the cable management.

Just saw you already ordered the Arctic P12's, they are very good price/perf so I'm sure you'll be happy with them. I use them in some other applications and have had a good experience with them.
I saw them on the list but I didnt know if they 're any good.I like their aesthetics and ergonomy but decided to go with something that most likely will prove good.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I saw them on the list but I didnt know if they 're any good.I like their aesthetics and ergonomy but decided to go with something that most likely will prove good.
They are good, and the control software is also good(there is some hackery involved if you have dual controllers like myself but nothing major). The only thing is that they can be overpriced, if you find them at msrp they are really nice rad fans.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I own an Msi 1080ti Gaming X and was planing to upgrade to a 6800XT,but with the current state of the gpu market i dont see that happening,so I intended to buy a gpu block for that card and add it later.I am looking around for gpu blocks for the msi card and cant find anything other than Bitspower MSI GTX 1080Ti GAMING X Acrylic (Clear) Designed for MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G VGA Card. and this Bykski MSI nvdia GTX1080TI GAMING X 11GB VGA Water cooling Block AURA 5V RGB LED | eBay
If the block is in good condition I wouldn't mind buying a used one.Does anyone know of a site with used ones I could look up or any other way to get my hands on a block?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Most of the parts are here so Im gona start building the loop.I am going to use mayhems bliz kit part 1 to clean the radiators.Should I also use part 2 on the loop or it is not necessary for brand new loops?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts