Overclock.net banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,760 Posts
Most of the parts are here so Im gona start building the loop.I am going to use mayhems bliz kit part 1 to clean the radiators.Should I also use part 2 on the loop or it is not necessary for brand new loops?
You should absolutely use Part 2 on the loop. Properly cleaning your components prior to using them is a big deal, it's not just the rads that can have residue from manufacturing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Since i ve never done this before how will that work?I install the loop,then I fill it with water to see how much it takes then I mix the quantity of water with the necessary part 2 ratio and leave it to cycle for a day?Is it ok to use the pc during that time?

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Since i ve never done this before how will that work?I install the loop,then I fill it with water to see how much it takes then I mix the quantity of water with the necessary part 2 ratio and leave it to cycle for a day?Is it ok to use the pc during that time?
Yes Part 2 is for when the loop is put together. Leave for about 12-24 hours and then flush it all out.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Where is the most suitable,practical place to install the drain valve;There is a slot on the bottom of the front radiator,I could put it where the input on the reservoir is or on the output with a splitter.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Cleaning with mayhems 2 and testing for leaks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but where you put the drain valve doesn't matter.
So long as it is at the lowest point of the loop.

So looking at the pic I would put it on whatever the outer side of the res is, on the side panel side.
Put a splitter there and add the valve on the split. Then later you could attach a tube to it to get the exit lower than the loop and easily into a container.
The tube would only be attached when draining.

so something like this

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but where you put the drain valve doesn't matter.
So long as it is at the lowest point of the loop.
It only needs to be at the lowest point if you are using gravity to help you drain. If using air then it doesn’t really matter where it is

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I was thinking exactly what you suggested when I planned the loop but eventually I installed it on the bottom of the front rad.My only concern is how im gona push the water from the reservoir to the front rad that's why I asked here.Guess im gonna have to tilt the case.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I dont know what I am doing wrong but there is no way you can flush the whole volume of liquid from the system with only the drain port.Water gets trapped in to the tubes and the rads and no matter how I tilt and wiggle the case it doesnt move to the front rad where the drain is.I had to undo the tube of the pump output in order to get some out.I even did a full 360 on the case but again couldnt get the water out.I am at the point where I am flashing out blizz part 2 so some of it always gets trapped inside.Do I just add water and flush till its diluted or is there another way?

·
Rig Advisor
3,535 Posts
I dont know what I am doing wrong but there is no way you can flush the whole volume of liquid from the system with only the drain port.Water gets trapped in to the tubes and the rads and no matter how I tilt and wiggle the case it doesnt move to the front rad where the drain is.I had to undo the tube of the pump output in order to get some out.I even did a full 360 on the case but again couldnt get the water out.I am at the point where I am flashing out blizz part 2 so some of it always gets trapped inside.Do I just add water and flush till its diluted or is there another way?
Datavac

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mayhems as i recall tells you to flush until the ph paper is neutral I think that's a ph of 7.4 or 7.2 without going and looking at kits I have the kit provided some test strips.

·
Rig Advisor
3,535 Posts
Your using the datavac to force air through the system to flush out the residual water? How is the datavac I have been looking at it and some others, leaning towards it. I assume your fitting the flex hose to a piece of tubing to force the air through it.
Yes, there is a black connector that fits in tubing quite well. Just plug it in and turn it on.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts