Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it was a 400 framer

took me a few days because i dont fold 24/7, it takes my cpu temp from an idle of around 35 to 52 and uses alot of power so i keep paused while i use my comp, i let it run overnight if i leave my comp on for some other reason

anyways im on frame 80 or a 125 one now, and it doesnt matter to me what place i'm in im just helping out

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Congrats on your first WU!

Have you posted to the "Folders: Check in Here" thread so that you can get your rank listed in your stats? It will take at least a couple days to get it in there but Admin will get to it (awfully busy person, Admin is).

http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?t=3050

Just an FYI...you don't need to pause it while doing other things on your PC...it automatically subordinates itself to any other resource demands. It will only use what is available after everything else has taken their share. I haven't seen performance issues when I am gaming or doing anything else.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
yeah, there usally isnt any difference, exept in benchmarks....thats the only time that it matters.
its great to fold, and its fun to see yourself move up on the ladders

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 done now, working on a 1000 frame wu, 200 frames done

whats the biggest WU youve seen? frame wise... 1000 seems pretty big

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
I have a 2500 frame going right now at my house, typing this at work, and it first said it would take 39 days but then it went down to 1 day

·
Registered
99 Posts
Finished my first project, 250 framer on my xp2400. poor little athlon was struggling with overheating when the ball bearings on my fan died..running an 80mm fan with a duct tape shroud over the thermaltake heasink, dropped my temps to mid 40's =) Kept on folding even during the crisis

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha duct tape to the rescue

·
Registered
47 Posts
im still on my first wu on my laptop :|

sofar ive done about 6 on my main workhorse, and 3 on my secondary desktop :O

I wonder if I can get some of my crappy comptuers going just to fold, lmao

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mines chewing on a 25000 framer from GROMACS core, it just started it 2 hours ago and should be done in 4 hours(going at 1 frame each second
)

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3 done now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts