Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking to get into water cooling and I want to know what would be best for me. I already bought a used TJ11, and I'll be cooling a GTX 680 (possibly Titan), and an i7-3770k. I MIGHT upgrade to 680 SLI in the future, but not likely. I'm going for water cooling because of aesthetics and noise, not uber performance. I really like the new CSQ EK Plexi blocks and I also like Mayhems Pastel Sunset Yellow coolant. Ill be doing a Black/Yellow theme. For fittings, i want to do compression. I like chrome fittings the best, not really the matte black ones. I'm lost as to what pumps/res and rads I should get. I was thinking a single 480 in the bottom of my TJ11 with Push or Pull, or maybe both if you recommend it. How much should I be spending on this? I don't really know whats a good price range for a loop like this. If you guys could give me a list of some parts you think would be good for me, i would greatly appreciate it =)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
well . we dont know the tdw of the Titan , only rumors of a 250w . add it to the 3770k ...

in my opinion , i hate running a CPU and GPU on a single rad , so , u could get a 2 rads for those two , maybe

2x120 CPU and a 1x120 for the GPU , that would give u fresh cooled water for the OCed CPU , and if it gets a little hot , a refresh from the 1x120 will be welcomed by the GPU
biggrin.gif

or you can try the other way arround , but if you ask me ... get 2 Monsta 3x120 , one for each LOL and get the 550 pump from koolance , and some GTs and a inside reservoir

EK is already working a waterblock for the titan so , expect it like 1 month after release
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
897 Posts
Two 480 rads would definitely get the job done but will also be pricey. I recommend Black Ice GTX 480. As for fans, Corsair 120's! A lot of people get bay reservoirs, but I like tube ones. Have ya checked out the ek250 multi-option reservoir? It's what I use.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Rads: hands down, the Alphacool Full Copper line offers tbe best performing rads at the lowest pressure drop. And performance translates to low noise if that's what you want.

Rad fans: Scynthe Gentle Typhoon are the fans you want to use on a rad for best pressure to noise ratio.

Pump: a D5 pump is all you need for your build. The Koolance D5 Vario is rated as the most quiet one by Martin of MLL..

Fittings: it's all about your taste, so you are on your own there. My favorites are the Monsoon fittings.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys! What is the general range i should be spending for a dual GPU + CPU loop.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
4-500$ but that is very suggestive. You can end up spending a lot more .....or a lot less.

I spent 600$ on rads alone so there is no real guidelines here. WC'ing is not cheap.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, i jsut needed a rough ballpark estimate. ill get back with what i chose for parts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys, I did a quick round up for parts. I havent added any fittings yet, and im shocked at the price so far. Its over $600 without fittings and tubing! Am I paying more than I should be? where can I cut some costs?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
i suggest getting the AX series Radiator

another thing , are you going to buy those GPU ? 7970 ?

yeah , its kinda expensive because you are cooling 2 GPUs , watercooling your CPU isnt that expensive , its when you start to add stuff to the loop that makes it expensive lol , and compression fittings are luxuries lol barbs are the economic ones

... another thing , dont buy mayhems , just buy distiled water and a killcoil , its the best , that mayhem will stain your stuff and needs to clean the setup more than with just distiled water and killcoil

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
It is more important to cool the CPU than it is to cool the GPUs. So I would stick to that list minus the GPU blocks. You can always add them to your loop later on.
At 250$ those two GPU blocks are almost half the price of your loop, add the bridge to it and you already have half of your loop's price right here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts