Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotaki View Post

i mean is it motherboard or case dependent?
Both. No one can tell you anything certain without knowing the motherboard and case you plan to use. The other factor to consider is if the cooler is short enough that it does not interfere with the side panel.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardontheJob View Post

Both. No one can tell you anything certain without knowing the motherboard and case you plan to use. The other factor to consider is if the cooler is short enough that it does not interfere with the side panel.
asus z170 pro gaming with the Corsair 400C , the cooler is 160mm and the case can fit up to 170mm so the cooler is short enough dunno though if it would fit the push pull + exhaust fan

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Aint da way it used to be
2,837 Posts
Everything that I am seeing says that it will fit. Especially if youre using the slim fans. It shouldnt be an issue. But there might be a pretty small gap between the pull fan and the exhaust. But when it comes to just fitting i would say it definitely will.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post

Everything that I am seeing says that it will fit. Especially if youre using the slim fans. It shouldnt be an issue. But there might be a pretty small gap between the pull fan and the exhaust. But when it comes to just fitting i would say it definitely will.
im about to buy this case tomorrow and my current system has push/pull thats why im asking..

my friends who has thecorsair 350d with the 212EVO cooler cant fit another fan to make it push/pull but he also has a micro atx motherboard. the length of 400c is a bit smaller from the 350d if you check the dimensions

350D :

210 x 450 x 440 (W x D x H)

400C :
215 x 425 x 465 (W x D x H)

·
Aint da way it used to be
2,837 Posts
The size of the motherboard has a lot more to do with this scenario than the size of the case. Because the width of the board is all that really matters. Since the MB has to go to the back of the case no matter what. So the overall length of the case is basically meaningless.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post

The size of the motherboard has a lot more to do with this scenario than the size of the case. Because the width of the board is all that really matters. Since the MB has to go to the back of the case no matter what. So the overall length of the case is basically meaningless.
thank you now i can get my case
smile.gif

+rep

1 - 11 of 11 Posts