Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry about the title, but couldnt think of anything else to call it.

ok, so i modded by h50 by just change the tubes into normal pvc clear ones. they are 6mm ID and 8mm OD.

im thinking of adding the Swiftech MCRES Micro Rev2 Reservoir to it instead of changing the water in the tubing every once in a while.

what i need help with is to find barb fittings for the reservoir so i can fix those skinny tubing in it.

6mm to inch is about 1/4" i think.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
It's made worse because you have to distinguish G1/4 from 1/4 inch barbs in your search!

You'll probably have better luck searching in inches than millimeters, because the actual specification is in inches.

If you get desperate, you could buy one of these and about a foot of 1/2 inch tubing, and just use the barbs that come with the MCRES. Or, you could post in the wanted section; anyone who bought a Swiftech MCW30, except possibly when they bought from American companies, has 1/4 inch barbs, because that little beauty often ships with three sizes of barbs.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDeodorant
View Post

It's made worse because you have to distinguish G1/4 from 1/4 inch barbs in your search!

You'll probably have better luck searching in inches than millimeters, because the actual specification is in inches.

If you get desperate, you could buy one of these and about a foot of 1/2 inch tubing, and just use the barbs that come with the MCRES. Or, you could post in the wanted section; anyone who bought a Swiftech MCW30, except possibly when they bought from American companies, has 1/4 inch barbs, because that little beauty often ships with three sizes of barbs.

cheers for that bro, need to search those in australia now, such a pain here.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpetrolhead
View Post

I know how hard it is to find water cooling parts in Australia.
Here's a good one:
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...th=207_160_300

Also this thread has a few more aussie water cooling sites (not all work though)

i bought some rad fans from there lol, and i checked no 1/4" brbs
, unless im blind

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I dont think the H50 will be able to handle a res, even if it is a micro one.. The pump will not be able to push enough water through an extended loop.. Better start saving your money for a real wc solution... Thats what I did.

I had the H50 at first, then I tried OC'ng my i7.. Wasnt happening.. So, 600 dollars later, my cpu is at 22c and gpu 24c. Thats with the 920 @ 4.2 and my HD 5870 at [email protected] 1.26 volts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zamdam
View Post

I dont think the H50 will be able to handle a res, even if it is a micro one.. The pump will not be able to push enough water through an extended loop.. Better start saving your money for a real wc solution... Thats what I did.

I had the H50 at first, then I tried OC'ng my i7.. Wasnt happening.. So, 600 dollars later, my cpu is at 22c and gpu 24c. Thats with the 920 @ 4.2 and my HD 5870 at [email protected] 1.26 volts

Not everybody can afford that though, i'm currently making my own waterblock because i am a dirt poor student.

·
Registered
681 Posts
First off, the corsair h50 does have enough pumping power for a res, I started using a micro-res and eventually attached mine to a dual-bay res with a flow meter; and it was able to pump through that.

Secondly, instead of trying to find them through water cooling websites, have you tried looking at local hardware stores? I got some brass barbs from my local hardware store; and while they may not look as nice as the shiny stainless steel ones, they are affordable and work great.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by zamdam View Post

loook at this, alot of people have done it and no complaints

1 - 14 of 14 Posts