Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK i had issues with my E6400 + P35-S3G with the volume being low with mic but still recorded fine. I got all that straightened out and am now using my Q6600 + P5B Deluxe

The mic works fine. I can skype no problems and when using XSplit the sound is good. However in Fraps NO MIC SOUND AT ALL. Game sounds are fine and I tried game + winamp music and all was fine. But for some reason the mic sound in fraps will not record.

Suggestions?

edit 1
I am currently redownloading the latest audio driver from Asus support
I am using Windows 7 Pro x64 (same as the e6400 which worked fine)

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravinR1;15321128
OK i had issues with my E6400 + P35-S3G with the volume being low with mic but still recorded fine. I got all that straightened out and am now using my Q6600 + P5B Deluxe

The mic works fine. I can skype no problems and when using XSplit the sound is good. However in Fraps NO MIC SOUND AT ALL. Game sounds are fine and I tried game + winamp music and all was fine. But for some reason the mic sound in fraps will not record.

Suggestions?
IIRC you should have to ask fraps to record microphone input, Hold on ill download it.

g58c4.png

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmchugh;15321163
IIRC you should have to ask fraps to record microphone input, Hold on ill download it.

g58c4.png
Thanks for the trouble of looking that up, but I have that checked (remember I do know how to record and had it working fine on my P35-S3G)

+rep for the info + image

But the new driver fixed it. I have no idea why/how but the mic was muted in Soundmax (when I installed it with the driver) and now works (though why did the mic work in skype/xsplit I have no idea)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts