Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 750ti OC model and i hate the fact that it requires a 6pin PCIe power for what is essentially a 60w card and the whole point of having a 750ti is to not require additional power. I realize that the non OC version have a very similar PCB but does not require the 6pin power.

I'm wondering if it is possible to flash the bios so that the card would recognize it as a non OC version thus not care if it has auxiliary power

·
Registered
212 Posts
Try running it without the 6pin plugged in. If i remember right, it should disallow any overclocking but otherwise work fine. Worst that could happen is it beeps at you to plug it back in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Read here http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_750_Ti_OC/5.html
Quote:
The card requires a single 6-pin PCI-Express power connector. This power configuration can provide up to 150W of power. You can not use the card without the power connector (I tried). I've also been wondering about the odd placement of the power connector, which I find difficult to use, especially in smaller cases. ASUS tells me this has been done to optimize power delivery - the voltage regulation circuitry is nearby the connector.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
doesnt answer anything, i know the card requires 6pin as it is.

what i want to know if its hardware wired to use the 6pin or is it bios thing where the non OC version which uses the same PCB layout can run without the 6pin thus flash a slower clocked bios into the OC edition card so i can use the card without 6pin at the expense of performance that i dont need

1 - 5 of 5 Posts