Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot in the freaking dark here as I'm (near clueless) and may not even be asking the right questions... *sigh*

Needing to find a utility that will enable a 'orderBuilder' for a website. Something along the lines of what PapaJohn's has on their website for pizzas. Or like LiveArt has for t-shirt design (the latter is overkill). We have a preset list of options available and thus a defined list of permutations. A customer needs to be able to customize the item in question starting with the most impotant criteria and culminating in the details.

Writing the javascript for it is something I can probably manage, but regarding anything adobe beyond acrobat/photoshop/fireworks I'm fairly lost. Which leaves me without a foundation to understand how to phrase the question correctly
redface.gif

Price isn't really a limit (within reason, not wanting to spend more than 5 figures), but as a cost conscious person.... lol.

Anyways, even a point in the right direction would be great, because apparently I'm googling all the wrong terms and attempting to sift through the code papajohns website left me without a credible lead. except:

Code:

Code:
[MEDIA=youtube]transparent[/MEDIA]
telling me that's they managed theirs with flash. I know mobile flash is dead, and would like compatibility cross-platform so was also interested in html5.

Thanks to anyone who has some thoughts!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Well if your profecient at javascript and have web hosting with a SQL server, just use ASP, ASPX, or CFM to create a web form and store the data into the SQL server. SQL commands are real easy to execute.

Incomplete code, just to give you an idea. This is something like what I would do with an ASP file, of course theres more to it like setting up your connection and stuff. Just wanted to give you something to look at.

Code:

Code:
Case "Main"
    Response.Write "
[B][SIZE=14]Find an ingredient[/SIZE][/B]
"
    Response.Write "[B]Ingredient:[/B] "
    Response.Write ""
Case "SelectING"
    SQLStr = "Select * from Ingredients where Ingredient = '" & ING & "'"
    Set Job = Connection.Execute(SQLStr)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.