Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently flashed my BIOS. Before i could easily reach 3.4GHz with around 1.3V. Now it seems whatever voltage i set (even extremly high), the overclock will fail.

First i tried 3.2GHz, used multiplier 356, FSB 1424, DRAM 712 (1:1), voltage as i said, 1.3V (which is already too high, considering i'v got VID 1.25 CPU).

Anyone experienced same issues after flashing bios? Any tips how to overcome this?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
8 x 400 (1600FSB) - this one worked before as well. Now it freezes right on "starting windows" loading screen. Something is not right with this BIOS. :-/

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Best advice I can give you is,"it happens." For example, with my old P5N-E, 3.0 ghz on a Q6600 was reachable only on a very early BIOS revision. There were a dozen revisions before the finally came out with one that allowed you to go back to 3.0 and above.

Other than that, just double check you settings on more time. If you had to re-enter all of your settings after the flash, its possible that you may have missed something.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is too bad, since this new version have a nice feature, that it warn me before fail overclock, unlike older versions, where i had to reset the bios manually on mobo.

Anyone who's using ASUS boards is familiar with this version?
Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
BIOS 1104

·
Prince of all Saiyans
4,196 Posts
The rule of thumb i follow is not to flash the board unless there are compatibility issues, because more often than not, you loose alot of your OC capabilities.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blindrage606
View Post

The rule of thumb i follow is not to flash the board unless there are compatibility issues, because more often than not, you loose alot of your OC capabilities.

True.. iv gone through 5 flashes today and still cant get comp to run properly.. Different mobo to urs so ill keep out of this 1

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Managed to get 3.4GHz, but the voltage 1.3V is very high (for 1.25vid anyway). Runs like as hell too. 57C on idle, not even going to stress it right now.

It is funny, becouse no matter what i do, i cant get to 3.2GHz. Maybe i am doing something wrong..

·
Registered
420 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheira
View Post

Managed to get 3.4GHz, but the voltage 1.3V is very high (for 1.25vid anyway). Runs like as hell too. 57C on idle, not even going to stress it right now.

It is funny, becouse no matter what i do, i cant get to 3.2GHz. Maybe i am doing something wrong..

Damm thats hot.. what temps are each of ur cores ? ignorong the CPU temp for now.. had a few problems with a bios update that made my CPU read out 10oc hotter than the cores.. down graded back to an earlier bios and it was sorted

check ya core temps see what they show as and repost

1 - 10 of 10 Posts