Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I own a Sony VAIO VGCRB-30. The BIOS it came with has next to no options. I took a chance here and flashed an intel bios update for my motherboard, which seemed to have worked... I am now gazing upon the vast amount of BIOS options that have miracously been 'unlocked'. I remember in the BIOS on my P3 I could adjust the multiplier yet I don't see anything like that in this BIOS setup. Did I flash my BIOS for no reason? Can I not overclock this system?

EDIT: Well I read the Intel overclocking guide, I guess I'm screwed.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Yea, if you want to be recommended a motherboard, we can help, but yea, unfortunatly the intel boards wont OC... you could try software, but that will give you headaces instead of speed..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just may be in the market for a new mobo come January. First of all I want to be able to overclock (Can I overclock the P4 530J 3GHZ HT?) I want it to fit that processor (so socket 775 I guess). I want it to have a PCI-E slot. I want it to have 3 or 4 pci slots. I want it to have SATA connectors and have 4 or more fan connectors.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cforce

I just may be in the market for a new mobo come January. First of all I want to be able to overclock (Can I overclock the P4 530J 3GHZ HT?) I want it to fit that processor (so socket 775 I guess). I want it to have a PCI-E slot. I want it to have 3 or 4 pci slots. I want it to have SATA connectors and have 4 or more fan connectors.

Well, price range? here is a good motherboard for the money, unfortunatly, the LGA775 motherboards ATM are overpriced
but, if you want to spend more, im shure we can find you a nicer chipset.. Btw, are you looking for DDR2 memory support or only DDR1 (or both?)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts