Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 5900 xt agp x8 and flashed it to a 5950 ultra, except now its only saying that the gpu can do agp x4. i've tried the leadtek bios, the bfg bios and the nvidia reference bios and they all say agp x4, but when i flashed back the 5900 it said x8 again. has that happened to anyone else and is there any way i can get it to be x8 again?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont have a solution for your problem, but i was curious if the Geforce FX 5900 SE 128mb card was able to be flashed to sumthing higher. if im not mistaken ur card already has 256 mb so seein that the 5950 also has 256mb its they comply with each other. Help me out if u can????

·
Banned
179 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TH3_S4NDM4N
I dont have a solution for your problem, but i was curious if the Geforce FX 5900 SE 128mb card was able to be flashed to sumthing higher. if im not mistaken ur card already has 256 mb so seein that the 5950 also has 256mb its they comply with each other. Help me out if u can????
if u get coolbits 3 u can change agp rates wich is a hidden nvidia thing so i would get that i have links cuz i flashed my fx 5200 to 270/502 also u can change the speed of the heatsink wich will help and etc like 20 new things u can do including ocing so id check that out u can turn agp to 2x 4x and 8x like mine me so when u flash it apply it to 8x and it will be a monster !!! http://rootshell.be/~h4ck3d/coolbits3d.zip
it works on geforce quadro and forceware K!

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have coolbits 3d if thats the one u mean, and it has the option to change agp rates but it only lets me go up to x4, but b4 i flashed it, it let me go to x8

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cchu2004

Cuz it's overheated it does that to prevent damage to gpu knock it down till that goes away k

hmm, i don't think that it would underclock its agp rates for less heat. if it does anything in the way of underclocking, then it probably would underclock GPU core or memory core... i don't think that it would change AGP rates, correct me if i'm wrong

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by atvkid1090

hmm, i don't think that it would underclock its agp rates for less heat. if it does anything in the way of underclocking, then it probably would underclock GPU core or memory core... i don't think that it would change AGP rates, correct me if i'm wrong

its idling around 42C overclocked to 520mhz core and 1.0ghz mem, so i dont think its the heat, and i think atvkids right, it only underclocks core and memory not agp rate

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
This is an interesting problem Austin. So it only shows 4x when you flashed to the 5950 bios, no matter what the manufacturer, right. Have you tried benchmarking it? Do some 3D Mark runs with the card running at stock. Then flash to 5950 and do some more runs of 3d Mark. Then compare scores. That would be my first step. I dont really know why it is doing that, as I flashed several 5900's and never had any problems. I will do some checking around to see what I can come up with.

• Rep+
Reactions: Austin

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nevermind, decided to just flash back to the 5900 xt, it can overclock to 5950 ultra speeds and with agp x8 it runs games at higher fps

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
yeah i think you'll be better off that way, if you have the 5900xt card, then you're not voiding your warranty either. oc it then post results!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin

nevermind, decided to just flash back to the 5900 xt, it can overclock to 5950 ultra speeds and with agp x8 it runs games at higher fps

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wouldve been very smart to just listen to what u said about not voiding the warrenty, but i tried to flash it to a 5900 ultra instead, because i'm a complete and total idiot
it wont flash anymore, comes up with an error message and says programming failed, and it cant see it in windows. what graphics card would u now recommend i buy? unless anyone can think of a way of flashing it without it being able to find the card

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
btw, when i try and flash the card now, wfflash says

'Cannot find NV device
Programming is Fail (X)
Cannot map NV address.'

and nvflash just says 'GPU Mismatch'.

anyone know how it can be fixed?

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin

..anyone?

Ouch, sounds like a bad flash. The bios chip might be fuxxored. This happens when you try to flash back to original bios?

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

Ouch, sounds like a bad flash. The bios chip might be fuxxored. This happens when you try to flash back to original bios?

yep, happens when i try to flash any bios to it. the strange this is though, that when i turn the computer on it shows its using the 5900 ultra bios. does that mean it can still read the bios?

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
I think you just happened to get a crappy card. Wow, it reads the bios, but won't boot into it, very strange indeed. I would rma the card if I were you.

• Rep+
Reactions: Austin

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

I think you just happened to get a crappy card. Wow, it reads the bios, but won't boot into it, very strange indeed. I would rma the card if I were you.

can i still do that even though its got the ultra bios instead of the xt one?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts