Overclock.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there i flashed my x850 pro and now even at low clockrates im getting fuzzy stuff happening and my monitor going black and hanging any ideas?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,072 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ant3b

Hi there i flashed my x850 pro and now even at low clockrates im getting fuzzy stuff happening and my monitor going black and hanging any ideas?

Looks like you've got faulty pipelines. I'd flash back to your original bios to stop it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats the thing ste , i dont have the bios for it im currently looking for the bios every x850 pro bios for pci-express turns out to be a x800gto which has 16 pipelines right?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,072 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ant3b

thats the thing ste , i dont have the bios for it im currently looking for the bios every x850 pro bios for pci-express turns out to be a x800gto which has 16 pipelines right?

No, the GTO has 12p. What's the make of your card and I'll upload a bios for you
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,072 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ant3b

club 3d x850 pro 256mb vivo pci express

Sorry, couldn't find the club 3d, but here's a Sapphire one that will work just the same. Just note that it's for 1.6ns ram. If you have 2.0ns ram then let me know and I'll alter it tomorrow for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmm i think its just overheating , does overheating cause artifacts? i presume so, its running at 42C idle, but as soon as i start a game or movie etc it shoots up to 80c+ any ideas
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,072 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ant3b

hmm i think its just overheating , does overheating cause artifacts? i presume so, its running at 42C idle, but as soon as i start a game or movie etc it shoots up to 80c+ any ideas

Yeah, heat does cause artifacts. Maybe replacing the Thermal Grease with Arctic Silver 5 or try aftermarket cooling like the Zalman VF770-cu.
The GPU is rated to run at those temps, even though they are quite high so it might not be a heat issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok sounds good.. but i cam up with this.. i underclocked it and tried running a game and still it hangs and the screen goes black,, and artifacts appear aswell i think ive serouisly killed my card..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,072 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ant3b

ok sounds good.. but i cam up with this.. i underclocked it and tried running a game and still it hangs and the screen goes black,, and artifacts appear aswell i think ive serouisly killed my card..

Can you RMA it? If you can, just don't mention that you flashed the bios.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no i left the cooling as it was, but then when it got hot i increased the fan speed in conjuction with the speed... i mean it works for like 5 mins then artifacts appear etc.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,427 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ant3b

no i left the cooling as it was, but then when it got hot i increased the fan speed in conjuction with the speed... i mean it works for like 5 mins then artifacts appear etc.

Sounds like you fried something then. Now might be a good opertunity to upgrade to a new card though
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top