Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there i flashed my x850 pro and now even at low clockrates im getting fuzzy stuff happening and my monitor going black and hanging any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ant3b

Hi there i flashed my x850 pro and now even at low clockrates im getting fuzzy stuff happening and my monitor going black and hanging any ideas?

Looks like you've got faulty pipelines. I'd flash back to your original bios to stop it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the thing ste , i dont have the bios for it im currently looking for the bios every x850 pro bios for pci-express turns out to be a x800gto which has 16 pipelines right?

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

thats the thing ste , i dont have the bios for it im currently looking for the bios every x850 pro bios for pci-express turns out to be a x800gto which has 16 pipelines right?

No, the GTO has 12p. What's the make of your card and I'll upload a bios for you

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

club 3d x850 pro 256mb vivo pci express

x850 Pro PCIe's havent been known to flash to 16/6 very well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i noticed lol, but i having trouble finding the original bios :< like a spoon i forgot to back it up

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

club 3d x850 pro 256mb vivo pci express

Sorry, couldn't find the club 3d, but here's a Sapphire one that will work just the same. Just note that it's for 1.6ns ram. If you have 2.0ns ram then let me know and I'll alter it tomorrow for you.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

i used the bios... but .. still the same maybe my 3d card is buggered

What did you use to flash back with?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmm i think its just overheating , does overheating cause artifacts? i presume so, its running at 42C idle, but as soon as i start a game or movie etc it shoots up to 80c+ any ideas

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

hmm i think its just overheating , does overheating cause artifacts? i presume so, its running at 42C idle, but as soon as i start a game or movie etc it shoots up to 80c+ any ideas

Yeah, heat does cause artifacts. Maybe replacing the Thermal Grease with Arctic Silver 5 or try aftermarket cooling like the Zalman VF770-cu.
The GPU is rated to run at those temps, even though they are quite high so it might not be a heat issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok sounds good.. but i cam up with this.. i underclocked it and tried running a game and still it hangs and the screen goes black,, and artifacts appear aswell i think ive serouisly killed my card..

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Did you tamper with the cooling at all? It shouldn't be getting so hot. But even 80C is not really something to worry about, just a bit hot.

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

ok sounds good.. but i cam up with this.. i underclocked it and tried running a game and still it hangs and the screen goes black,, and artifacts appear aswell i think ive serouisly killed my card..

Can you RMA it? If you can, just don't mention that you flashed the bios.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no i left the cooling as it was, but then when it got hot i increased the fan speed in conjuction with the speed... i mean it works for like 5 mins then artifacts appear etc.

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Quote:

no i left the cooling as it was, but then when it got hot i increased the fan speed in conjuction with the speed... i mean it works for like 5 mins then artifacts appear etc.

Sounds like you fried something then. Now might be a good opertunity to upgrade to a new card though

1 - 19 of 19 Posts