Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm about to flash my BIOS with an increased voltage. how high should i increase it, or should i say what would be the safest number to mod it with?please, i really need assurance coz i dont wanna break my card but i do want soome performance gain.thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using Nibitor,, would this increase my card's potential overclocking capabilites?& is it safe to also increase the core & memory clocks?thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bryanjave

I'm using Nibitor,, would this increase my card's potential overclocking capabilites?& is it safe to also increase the core & memory clocks?thanks.

Yes, it would increase your OCing potential, though, I wouldn't mess with the clocks on a flash, do the OCing when you get back into windows.. Then use software to OC.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. so i'll just leave evrything unchanged except the voltage increase and flash it. hmm, um about how many percent would be my gain in oc'ing my card after the flash?bec at stock, my highest overclock is 530/1120 which are stable. but i see people around here with higher clocks about 580/1200++. can i reach those numbers after the volt increase?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bryanjave

Ok. so i'll just leave evrything unchanged except the voltage increase and flash it. hmm, um about how many percent would be my gain in oc'ing my card after the flash?bec at stock, my highest overclock is 530/1120 which are stable. but i see people around here with higher clocks about 580/1200++. can i reach those numbers after the volt increase?

Possibly, You'd have best luck with a GS though, I've seen some crazy people voltmod them and actaully beat 7800's!! So maybe. Better cooling probably will be needed though if you don't already have some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts