Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I havent messed with one thing in the Bios ever. It is completly new to me. I am getting my xp-120 tonight and I want to oc. Is there a flash for that board or do I just go into the bios and start upping my voltage to the cpu then when it becomes unstable mess with the fsb then when I cant goi further I have to adjust the ram timming.?????? I realy don't know what I am talking about so All I am looking for is some specific info on ocing my mobo and CPU. Please help if you can.

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbosco002
Ok I havent messed with one thing in the Bios ever. It is completly new to me. I am getting my xp-120 tonight and I want to oc. Is there a flash for that board or do I just go into the bios and start upping my voltage to the cpu then when it becomes unstable mess with the fsb then when I cant goi further I have to adjust the ram timming.?????? I realy don't know what I am talking about so All I am looking for is some specific info on ocing my mobo and CPU. Please help if you can.
There is no need to flash the bios on the board but in you description of how to oc is almost right. I havent oc my mobo yet cus i cant is intel
but you first start upping the fsb till the cpu becomes unstable(wont boot corretly or there are problems) then you can up the vcore a little .2 volts max but do it in small incriments like .05 or so and see if that makes a difference. Now that it is possibly stable again up the fsb a little more and so on till you hit a wall and cant go any higher or temps are too high at idle. Now on to ram you want 1:1 ratio of you fsb to ram speed but it is not always possible on a high oc and at the same time of upping the fsb you up your ram speed as well. The timings on the ram have little to do with performance but it is nice to adjust them a litle to get a little more out of it.

If you need more info on how to do an oc look at a lot of the stickies on the different areas of the fourm hope this helps in your oc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts