·
@knightsbr1dge
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
@knightsbr1dge
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha you have no idea how much i would love to have that in my room! i'm kind of after a desk that is either L or U shaped and has sort of a tier thing going on, where the 3 monitors will be sitting above the rest, and space underneath for the MCP panel.

·
@knightsbr1dge
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Are you a flight student? I have my own demons in terms of ridiculous spending habits, but $3100 on controls for Flight Sim???

By the time you get done building your July 2010 Sig Rig, and get the desk to fit everything, you are about half way there to a REAL used plane on ebay...

Looks fun though... If I ever figure out how to get my Cessna off the ground in Flight Sim, I might actually appreciate this...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
It took me a while to get the hang of it too. My grandfather got me hooked on it by sending me a old joystick he used. Now I just need to get a yoke and all and a triple screen setup and go at it again.

Do you fly online any? VATSIM, etc?

·
@knightsbr1dge
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bryce
View Post

It took me a while to get the hang of it too. My grandfather got me hooked on it by sending me a old joystick he used. Now I just need to get a yoke and all and a triple screen setup and go at it again.

Do you fly online any? VATSIM, etc?

Yep I'm on VATSIM and IVAO but I use vatsim more often the the other. Do you fly for any virtual airlines? I'm with BA Virtual (bavirtual.co.uk). You should check us out and sign up if you want. Its a great virtual airline with brilliant routes and guess what... NO STRIKES!!!! lol

·
@knightsbr1dge
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHigh
View Post

Are you a flight student? I have my own demons in terms of ridiculous spending habits, but $3100 on controls for Flight Sim???

By the time you get done building your July 2010 Sig Rig, and get the desk to fit everything, you are about half way there to a REAL used plane on ebay...

Looks fun though... If I ever figure out how to get my Cessna off the ground in Flight Sim, I might actually appreciate this...

haha i remember those days, the good old cessna. I am going to start my flight training a few years after I graduate from uni (after saving up the 50K required
) lol

·
Premium Member
6,685 Posts
Not trying to be one of those guys who is like "look at what I did"

but have you thought of something like this

Lifting the monitors could make it easier than finding a 2 tiered type of desk, and allows for adjustable-ness.

The only problem is prebuilt solutions are crazy expensive which is why I built my own.

Using something like this would really allow it to be used on any desk.

·
@knightsbr1dge
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamakazi
View Post

Not trying to be one of those guys who is like "look at what I did"

but have you thought of something like this

Lifting the monitors could make it easier than finding a 2 tiered type of desk, and allows for adjustable-ness.

The only problem is prebuilt solutions are crazy expensive which is why I built my own.

Using something like this would really allow it to be used on any desk.

woah! awesome setup! that looks crazy cool lol. i'll think about it, but I may have found a desk that has the space i need

1 - 11 of 11 Posts