Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks,

I recently cleaned up my loop and filled it up with fresh aquacomputer DP ultra water because a) there was gunk in the RES and b) the flowrate went from 230l/hr down to 160l/hr.

Now, after doing this, all was fine, today again it dropped back to 185l/hr

Any idea what the reason would be?

Setup:

Dual Mo-Ra3 420
Highflow NEXT
bykski gpu block
heaterkiller IV cpu block
EK monarch block 4x
dual ddc EK pump
dual watercool D5 pump
4 QDCs
3x 45 degree fittings
4x 90 degree fittings
rest normal g1/4
ZMT tube from EK 16/10.

Even when I set this up for the very first time almost 2 years ago the most I could get it 260l/hr

Any idea what it is degrading and why its generally so low?

Loop order: Green is IN, red is OUT.

Water filter > GPU > CPU > RAM > Dual DDC > Mora1 > Flowmeter > Mora2 > RES > Dual D5 > Water filter > back into the system

Purple Electrical wiring Violet Electricity Computer hardware

Electricity Electronic engineering Electrical wiring Computer hardware Engineering

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Check you assembled the CPU block correctly. Is there an insert or jet plate? Also make sure water ja flowing IN and OUT of the correct ports. I’m not sure if QDCs have directional flow but you might want to check that too.

·
Overclocker
4,788 Posts
several pics of your pc build showing your plumbing
1. Overall pic of inside your PC
2. Pics showing your barb connections

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
If it went up and then back down again but the pump speed is still running the same and you changed absolutely nothing, all I can think of is air moving up to the highest point which is possible parts of your radiator. Why does that decrease flow? Well if water isn't really flowing in that area, it has to flow with the remaining channels and that would increase resistance. It's like closing a lane on a highway and now all the cars have to shift over to the remaining lanes.

That's one thought I had. But I see you have fill ports there. Maybe you bled it out and this isn't the case.

• Rep+
Reactions: Asmodian

·
Robotic Chemist
4,302 Posts
Any idea what the reason would be?
More junk. :(

Air trapped somewhere can add lots of restriction as well.

why its generally so low?
You have lots of 90° fittings and other item and tubing length slows things down too. I think your starting flowrate is decent for how much you have in the loop and its length.

·
Registered
692 Posts
still 185l/h is insane good & the flow will go down because once the air is out of the loop there's more liquid to push for the pumps. If ambient is too low, the water is also more viscous.

I'm at 162l/h, but not sure how reliable bykski flow meter is. When I took it part, the magnet inside the spinning flywheel was free roaming not fixed. EK cpu,gpu blocks, mora420, 3x360 2x240. 3 D5 & 1 DDC like pump.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's just odd that it would be fine and then go down after some days, after having for the last to years pretty constantly 230l/h without any issues. I did not change anything, I thought there's some blockage/gunk that why I did the complete clean up, but there was almost nothing.

I experimented by removing either pump; only dual d5 = 130l/hr /// only dual ddc = 150l/hr

·
Overclocker
4,788 Posts
If I am not mistaken you shouldn't orient that particular radiator on the side like that. I remember those rads from back in the day.
And at a guess there is air trapped inside that rad IMO.
Can you jiggle that rad around a bit to get any trapped air out?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've seen others with this setup like this, don't think it's an issue ?

I've shaken them all back and forth

·
Twin Turbski
522 Posts
Has the water pump RPM changed at all? Or is it running same RPM like before when everything was working fine? Check for a kink somewhere, but you've probably already done that...

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no rpms are the same and I can change that as well in aquasuite. literally makes no sense

·
Robotic Chemist
4,302 Posts
Air trapped somewhere makes lots of sense to me. :unsure:

·
Still here...
5,220 Posts
I'd also take a real close look at those filters; maybe bypass them at least momentarily to see if that's what's causing your problem.

Had a similar problem on a new build I was working on and while the filters looked okay, once I removed them the problem cleared up.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I can think of is air moving up to the highest point which is possible parts of your radiator.
Thats impossible with Mo-ra . Those rads are not U shaped ones. No paralel internal tuning,no endtank. Mora is like a mix of 90s fittings and straight tubing. (Thats why they are the most flow restrictive radson the market)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Thats impossible with Mo-ra . Those rads are not U shaped ones. No paralel internal tuning,no endtank. Mora is like a mix of 90s fittings and straight tubing. (Thats why they are the most flow restrictive radson the market)
The flow at the ports is actually split into 4 tubes, so yes it's paralel. It's not 90 degree for the bends, more like 180.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
That's good to know, so it's just one travel path instead of multiple independent ones?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would check the blocks for ZMT gunk. ZMT is, sadly, poorly made (but still good due to its material) and more often than not will give you gunk buildup on smaller fin arrays.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts