Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I record a piece of a benchmark with Rivatuner it shows that the core speed of my videocard is jumping back from 380 to 300 all the time. What could be wrong?

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a screenshot of it:

I heard something about Geometric delta... but I only saw it as an option on 7800GT/GTX?

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on someone's gotta have a suggestion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What were you doing while it was at 288 and at 380?

On my 7800gt it idles at 275 in windows and jumps to 438 when I run a 3D app/game.

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doberman

What were you doing while it was at 288 and at 380?

On my 7800gt it idles at 275 in windows and jumps to 438 when I run a 3D app/game.

It drops to 300 as soon as I run a benchmark. It was fine before, it didn't start happening until yesterday. When I stop the benchmark and check back, it gets back to 380 again.. or it already is, as shown on the graph it's pretty random.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy

It drops to 300 as soon as I run a benchmark. It was fine before, it didn't start happening until yesterday. When I stop the benchmark and check back, it gets back to 380 again.. or it already is, as shown on the graph it's pretty random.

Check and make sure you didn't accidently switch the clock settings around (Higher clock for 2D and Low 3D, lower clock for high end 3D)

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Namrac

Check and make sure you didn't accidently switch the clock settings around (Higher clock for 2D and Low 3D, lower clock for high end 3D)

I'm pretty sure I didn't do that. Oh well, I'll just remove all drivers (chipset drivers etc.) and start from scratch again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.