Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys let's share our ideas here, the other thread is getting cluttered talking about three different mice.

FM Jude:
Quote:
At the moment we are leaning towards an IE 3.0 eque shape because it fills the next obvious void in the shape lineup (ergonomic without grip groove) and also because scream is a heavy advocate of the shape. Right now we would greatly appreciate input on siZe, materials, certain curvatures, etc... We think the IE 3.0 may be too large so we want to reduce the size and also most likely reduce the curvature. And obviously the weight needs to be kept down.

Keep in mind we are in the brainstorming phase so right now I'll just be absorbing any and all input I get.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post

Guys let's share our ideas here, the other thread is getting cluttered talking about three different mice.

FM Jude:
IE 3.0 shape but 2mm smaller on all dimensions
80-90g should be acceptable for most
Omrons + ALPS encoder
Nice mechanical clicks like g303
Good side buttons
Large mouse feet
Light cable
2 year warranty
$50-60 USD price

It isn't that hard.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
I don't see anything to comment on really. Providing a low weight IE3.0 Finalmouse equipped with a 3360 would be an excellent addition to their selection.

·
lololol
4,371 Posts
would asking for a different company be too much?
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Once again, the (_) shape is still entirely neglected.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I can't really give out suggestions based on the IE3. I don't have one and I don't want to buy it. I rather buy a black IMO as a backup mouse for my white IMO.

How many people here still have an IE3? Are you guys going off your old memories of the mouse?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I think you just shorten the 3.0 shape to about 120-124mm, keep the width the same. Same internals as the scream1 3366.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeflow View Post

I think you just shorten the 3.0 shape to about 120-124mm, keep the width the same. Same internals as the scream1 3366.
The scroll wheel, and the area around it, would have to change. The side buttons might be different because there will be a CPI button on top.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

The scroll wheel, and the area around it, would have to change. The side buttons might be different because there will be a CPI button on top.
Yeah I'm just referring to the general shape. The 3.0, deathadder, ec1, rival all have same ergonomic form factor.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeflow View Post

Yeah I'm just referring to the general shape. The 3.0, deathadder, ec1, rival all have same ergonomic form factor.
I don't want to use a DeathAdder. I would use a EC1 or EC2.

I think the Rival is a totally different thing. I wouldn't compare it to the DeathAdder or EC.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

I don't want to use a DeathAdder. I would use a EC1 or EC2.

I think the Rival is a totally different thing. I wouldn't compare it to the DeathAdder or EC.
The rival does feel very different I agree, but i think they were all based on the original 3.0. I wouldn't want use a deathadder either, but since scream used one for so long i'm assuming the end product will be similar. My biggest complaint of the DA is how the m1/m2 flare out on the sides, and the overall bulky feel.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I wouldn't change a thing about the I.E 3.0 shape. It's the most comfortable shape I know together with the EC1.

DeathAdder and Rival are totally different beasts and not nearly as good shape-wise imo.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I would reduce the bottom left side curve because that feels off in my EC1-A.

Reduce the length to 128mm but it's a length for palm grippers.

A more straight shape on the left side. I don't understand why some mice have this curve " ) " on the left side. It makes the mouse feel smaller.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Intellimouse 1.1A shape&size + good optical sensor + better quality materials (possibly matte and glossy versions) + very simple but quality illuminated logo = CHARGE AS MUCH AS YOU WANT BECAUSE THIS MOUSE IS GOING TO A TOP 5 SELLING MOUSE OF 2016!

/thankmelater

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avant Garde View Post

Intellimouse 1.1A shape&size + good optical sensor + better quality materials (possibly matte and glossy versions) + very simple but quality illuminated logo = CHARGE AS MUCH AS YOU WANT BECAUSE THIS MOUSE IS GOING TO A TOP 5 SELLING MOUSE OF 2016!

/thankmelater
+1

·
Registered
196 Posts
Keep the 3.0 shape as is, my legends edition still feels great shape-wise but stopped using it a few months ago when I built a new PC and used Win8.1 for OS.
Have an EC1-A, it's good, better mousewheel placement than the IME but shape doesn't feel quite the same.
The flare on the DAs right are also annoying, but side button placement and size was great, could feel and actuate them with the edge of my thumb without adjusting grip, most are too high and small now.
Obviously any effort to reduce weight without compromising shape or components 90g or less if possible.
Prefer Microsoft style 2x2 feet, simply because good replacements would be easy to find.
Some sort of method to adjust DPI and LOD settings, either through button combinations on the mouse or Castor style portable tool.
Only material request is no super glossy plastic, needs at least some sort of texture or coating for gripiness.

Should be easy enough, but FM inspires very little confidence atm, will wait and see how the Scream One performs first.

·
►¿¿¿
2,269 Posts
Im just gonna copy pasta from the other thread-

As someone who learned how to solder just so i could fix the switches on my.. 6th? IME 3.0

Please, dont make it smaller, actually, dont even fiddle with the shape, it has a godly shape in all ways, that includes the very light groove on the right side too.
On materials, really do the same as the original 3.0, rubber -coating- sides (non soap coating) and rough plastic on top.

It just needs an update hardware wise, new sensor, switches, mousewheel, and sidebuttons as the ones on it are kinda.. meh.

But the shape it has is perfect, same goes for size.

So basicly
Keep the shape and size
New switches
New mousewheel (please make sure its a grippy one with no glossy plastic on the wheel itself, and with rills like the ime 3.0 actually has it gives excellent grip.
Fixed side buttons
New sensor
Possibly new cable, i actually like the cable on the 3.0 though.
Keep the rough/glossy top and coated sides
Do not make the buttons a part of the entire top shell, let them be cut-outs so they feel nicer
Dont mess with sensor placement

????
Sell it like hotcakes to people like me thats still using an IME 3.0
Profit (I hope)

But hopefully mods wont prune the thread like they usually do, and hopefully jude reads this thread

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yep. Just update sensor, switches, and scroll. Other than that I'd leave it alone.

The only other thing I personally might change in the wheel position, it's too far back when I use palm grip, which IMO is what this mouse is oriented towards. But not everyone has hands as big as mine.

As for the weight, I'd say the original is already fine there too. For such a large mouse it's pretty light. Of course if you can make it lighter without screwing with quality, that'd be great.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts